Chapter 6

Shy is pronounced Shay

*****

We walk to the doors and are separated because Gally and one of the other builders ripped us apart making Minho fall.

"HEY! CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT I WAS HELPING HIM WALK!"

"That doesn't matter you broke one of the glade rule you are going to the slammer." Gally said.

I rip my arm from him and mutter whatever. I storm over to the slammer and climb in.

*Later that night*

I hope they have taken care of Minho. I don't want him to go insane and try to hurt someone.

Seconds after I said that Minho, Shy , and Newt walk up to my cell.

"Hey Sarah." Newt said

"Hi Shy, Newt, and Minho"

" Why are you in the slammer?" Minho asked

"Newt can answer that."

"She ran into the maze and did not come back when she was told to." Newt told Minho

"She was coming for me. I don't think she should get punished."

"She is still having to be trialed."

Minho didn't say another word he just left. Shy pulled Newt to the side and spoke in whispers or so they thought. I could hear everything they were saying.

I want to kill Gally right now. I'm going to rip his little blonde haired head off his shoulders. He had just let me out of the slammer and was being rude to me like always but what got to me the most is when he said

"Minho is going to leave you for the next girls that comes because any girl who comes into the maze is going to be prettier than you."

I got mad and I wanted to cry so I just walked away. I walked straight to where they bury all the dead bodies. What was this place called, was it the deadheads or something else? Oh well. I forgot what it was called so I just call it the graveyard.

I climb the highest tree I can find and look out of the branches to see the entire glade everyone was working. No one was looking for me which made me feel even worse. Does anyone care about me? Not even Shy is looking for me. I sit there for a very long time until I hear someone approaching the graveyard. I hear them talking.

"Yeah no one likes Sarah" said a British voice, Newt.

So I was right

" She is so annoying. Like when she got mad at us for putting her in the slammer after she punched Gally that one time that was her fault."

I know that voice from anywhere it was Minho. That stung very bad. No girl wants to hear that from the guy they really like.

" I know right. She had no right to scream at us like that." Newt said.

There voices were fading so I looked and saw them walking back towards the glade. When they got out of the tree line I see Shy walk up to them. She started talking to them with a worried look on her face. She ran and was looking around, when she got closer I could hear her screaming my name but I didn't answer.

It was starting to get dark and cold so I started climbing down the tree. I got to the last branch when it snapped. When I landed I was on my back so I had got the wind knocked out of me so now I was laying down trying to breath.

Shy  , Newt, and Minho run into view.

"Oh my god Sarah are you ok?"Newt said

I don't reply, I mean why should I they don't really care about me. I just stand up and brush myself off. I walk into the glade and head straight toward the sleeping area ignoring everyone who was asking where I was. I didn't want to talk to anyone, I know that none of them really care.

I walk to my hammock and lay down not caring if anyone followed me. I might as well kill myself. That actually sounds like a plan.

It's the perfect time to kill myself, everyone is asleep and it is quiet except for the sound of the grievers. I start my peaceful walk to the walls. It takes me a while to get to them but I manage to. I look up at the ivy covered walls and find the strongest vine. Gripping the vine tight I start my climb to a peaceful death. Many things going throught my head as I climb. Worthless, Ugly, No one likes you, no one will care if you die.

I had gotten high enough when I see the sun start to peek out over the maze walls. The first thing I think of is jump but something is holding me back, maybe it's me wanting the gladers to see what I am about to do.

I ended up waiting until the breakfast bell. I climb a little higher.

"Hey there's something moving on the wall."

"Yeah I see it now!"

"It looks like a person!"

"HAS ANYONE SEEN SARAH? SHE'S GONE!"

"NO ONE CARES ABOUT HER SHUT UP!"

"WHO SAID THAT? WHO SAID IT"

If you weren't scared of Shy by now you will be now. Even from so far up I can see her trying not to shift. Her eyes were a deep blue so deep blue they looked almost black. I am thankful for her standing up for me though.

Now or never right?

I can see Minho and Ben walking towards the doors right next to me. I decided that before they get here I will jump. They are almost here so I let one hand release the vine. I slowly let the other release the vine.

For many seconds I felt like I was falling, I felt free. I closed my eyes and waited for the landing and when it came I was ready to die. I opened my eyes and looked up and smiled to the sky. I see people running from the corner of my eye but I don't really care. I slowly slip into unconsciousness. Goodbye cruel world....