Chapter Fourteen

Reader-Chan POV

"Psst! Hey [Y/N]!," Ino whispered from my right.

"Hmm?"

It was first period Science. I'm flipping through the science textbook, trying to fill in a thick packet Orochimaru-Sama hands out each week.

"Is it true that you and Gaara are dating?"

I set my pencil down and gave her my full attention.

"Did Temari tell you?"

"Naruto."

"Oh. Then I guess everyone knows by now."

"Is it true?"

"Yeah. We on a date yesterday, but please don't make a big deal out of it."

"Oohh~ Tell m-"

Orochimaru-Sama walked down the aisle, "Get your work done, todays section needs to be completed by the end of class."

When he left, Ino whispered, "Tell me at Lunch."

'Not like I had a choice, you'd just be persistent until I told you...How many people know about this anyway? Knowing Naruto, it has to be more than our table.'

"Hey." Gaara was waiting outside the classroom like he usually does.

"Hey."

"Ready?"

I nodded.

'I feel so weird. Gaara walks me to English everyday, its just today it feels different, kinda awkward. Gaara seems unaffected though.'

I was so deep in thought that I didn't notice our fingers interlocked. A blush crept its way to my cheeks.

I peaked up at Gaara. He looked forward like he does this everyday.

'Why do I feel so awkward?'

Waiting fro Kakashi-Sensei to get to class, Gaara and I chatted, mostly about how our family reacted once we got home.

"Temari bet that you made the move. I told her I did but she doesn't believe me. She said she'd ask you at lunch," Gaara smiled.

"What about Kankuro?"

"He defended me saying 'At least he had the guts to ask her out.'"

I laughed, "My brother said 'I'm surprised you made it to the door, let alone down the stairs.'"

"What about your mom?"

"She asked me a lot of questions, but the one question that stood out was 'how long did the kiss long?' My mom's a nut."

Gaara smiled, "She's a good mom."

"Yeah, I love her. Both her parent and child side."

"You guys look closer than usual, did something happen?" Naruto said walking to our table.

"We're dating," Gaara said, looking Naruto in the eye.

'bout time. I was wondering when you two would get together."

"Hehe, I was thinking the same thing about you and Hinata. When are you gonna ask her out, hm? She's been waiting for you forever!" I harshly whispered motioning towards the shy girl.

A blush tinted the blonde's cheeks as he sheepishly scratched at them, "I've been thinking about that for awhile now."

"Well you have my support. You guys would make a cute couple." I grinned. 'Hinata's dreams are coming true!'