Session Four

Lately, I haven't been speaking with my aunt at all. Ever since the convulsion that I had when Mark was over, the place has been almost completely silent.

I listen to my aunt have a phone call with someone and she keeps asking them if there's a place I can stay. My nerves start messing with me and I get scared of what could happen if I leave. But I know that if I stay then I'll have no chance at ever getting better.

"Alright, thank you, Tyler," she says and I gulp. "Cecilia, pack your bags."

Quietly, I move back to my room and I find my suitcase and pull the most clothes out of the drawers as I can find. Then I move on to the bathroom. I locate my toothbrush and everything else that I need before my aunt can yell at me for 'taking too long'.

The car ride to wherever she's taking me is silent and you can hear a pin drop it's that bad. I begin tearing up as I figure out exactly where we're going. The streets keep getting more and more similar and eventually she is driving me down my old street.

I vowed to never return here ever again after everything that happened. It holds too many broken memories that kill me on the inside. Memories that I'll never be able to get back. All of it breaks my heart over and over again. I don't think anything can be the same after the numerous amounts of anger that he most likely feels for me. He can't act the same anymore. It's against the rules now. There's nothing he can do that will help me.

We pull up to the front door of my place and I stay seated in the front seat, not wanting to move. My aunt steps out of the car and walks around to the trunk. She pulls my suitcase out and then proceeds to come to my door.

"Cecilia, this is for your own good," my aunt opens the door.

"No," I whimper, frustrated that she had to bring me here, of all places. "he'll only make me worse."

She sighs and calmly lifts me from the seat and walks me to the door. Her arm wraps around my waist and her fingers touch the front of my hips, making me uncomfortable. She rings the doorbell a few times before noticing my odd body presence. My aunt moves her arm to my shoulders and rubs the skin on my clavicle. The door slowly swings open showing his tall figure and my uterus begins tingling.

"What happened?" he asks, giving me an unwelcoming look as I stand, out of breath, in the doorway of my old home. My aunt has her arm wrapped around my shoulders. "no offense but why come here after all this time?"

I open my mouth to speak but my aunt beats me to it. "She can't stay with me anymore."

"Why not?" he questions, his tattooed arms crossed over his chest.

"Her illness is becoming a problem."

"What illness?"

"Hysteria," my aunt tells him and I could just feel his anxiety take over. He has the urges again and there's nothing I'll ever be able to do to help him this time.

"I-I don't think that's a good idea..."

"Please," my aunt says. "I think you can help her."

There's silence for a few minutes and my aunt pushes herself past Jamie and guides me in and I roll my eyes at her. She seats me on the couch and I lay down, my eyes wide open, staring at the clock. Tension radiates off of Jamie's body and I shiver, gripping a pillow and biting my lips. Tears threaten to fall but my aunt walks back near me before they can.

"I seriously don't think I can help her," Jamie tells her, his voice wavering.

"It's either let my boyfriend abuse her and me for letting her stay with us," my aunt begins. "or have her live on her own. Neither of those is going to help her."