Session Eight

For some reason, Cecilia seeing Noelle makes me nervous. It feels as if it's like how all of my exes teamed up on me after they left me. Also, I want to know if I'm going crazy in here. I don't know how Katie even got in here.

"Dude, did you see her too?" I ask the jerk.

"My name is Blake," he runs his hands through his blonde hockey flow. "and yeah, I did."

"So I'm not going insane?"

"I don't think so," Blake says. "if you were, then we all are."

"Okay..." I trail off.

"No bueno, señior," Andréa speaks up.

"What?"

"You aren't supposed to be here," she tells me. "their assumption was incorrecto."

"How do you know that?"

"I heard what was said when you spoke to your amiga," I open my eyes wide.

"When I spoke to Cecilia?" I ask.

"Sí."

"On the phone with Officer Package watching?"

"Yes," she nods "don't worry, Jamie, I know what you're addiction is like. I won't judge you for what was said."

"You heard what I said?" I gasp.

"Yeah, she's a lucky woman," Andréa chuckles. "you're good with words."

Cecilia

"Wait, I never got your name," I say to the bartender who hid me from Matthew.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you saved my ass from that creep," I shrug. "the least I could do after thanking you is figure out your name."

"If you must know, my name is Jeff," he laughs. "and she is?"

"I'm Noelle," Noelle replies and smiled shyly. She takes a sip of her Sex on the Beach and glances at Jeff.

"Well, m'lady, you are mighty fine," he grins. "what do you say I buy you that drink?"

"Oh no, you don't have to!"

"But I want to," Jeff says to her.

"I barely know you, though," Noelle laughs.

"Don't worry girl, he's a great guy," I tell her.

"Well...okay, fine," she smiles. "thank you, Jeff."

"It's my pleasure," he replies. "so, Cecilia, your man. Tell me what's been going on."

"Well, the morning after he drove me home, it was an absolute mess."

"Meaning?"

"We fought a little," I say. "I was throwing up. Then I told him that I love him."

"Has anything happened now?" Jeff asks.

"Well, I had to leave him because I got mentally ill and I couldn't put all of the pressure on him," I sigh. "my aunt sent me back to him and for a while, we've fought but now, it's going better-ish."

"'Ish'?"

"Long story short, he's in jail," I run my fingers through my hair.

"What happened?" Jeff raises his eyebrows.

"Matthew happened."

"Oh..." he frowns. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay," I sigh. "it's over and I'm past it."