Chapter Seven: Walk the Plank

I stood next to an Aztec chest, shivering because of the eerie cold next to Jack. pirates crowded around us, making me nervous, they weren't exactly friendly-looking.

"How the blazes did you get off that island?" Captain Barbossa spat at Jack. Barbossa was a man well on in his years, with a scar running down his right cheek. He wore navy blue mismatched clothes and wore a wide-brimmed dark hat that had a feather glued to it.

"When you marooned me on that godforsaken spit of land, you forgot one very important thing, mate." Jack explained. "I'm Captain Jack Sparrow."

"Ah, well I won't be making that mistake again." Barbossa said and then turned to me.

"And what is such a beautiful woman like yourself, stuck with this scum." Barbossa asked, nodding towards Jack. Whatever Jack was, and mind you he was many things, but scum wasn't one of them.

"That," I returned harshly. "Is none of your business." I saw a smile spread across Jack's face.

"Ooh, the pretty mermaid has a sharp tongue." Barbossa commented and the crew laughed. "What's your name, missie?"

"My name..." I paused, should I tell him my real name? What harm would it do? " Is Rosabelle Swann. But in this case, you call me Miss Swann or nothing at all."

"Well, Gents, you all remember Captain Jack Sparrow and have just met Miss Swann." Barbossa continued, "Kill them." The pirates all took out their pistols and aimed them at Jack and I. My heart froze, 'kill us?' Did he just say 'kill us?'. I gulped.

"The girl's blood didn't work, did it?" Jack asked,clearly up to something. Elizabeth! I screamed inside my head. How could I have forgotten? And Will, he wasn't here either. It looked like they had escaped, I hoped so. What did Jack mean by 'the girl's blood didn't work', anyway?

"Hold your fire!" Barbossa instructed and turned back to face Jack, the pirate's all reluctantly lowered their weapons, I breathed in a sigh of relief. "You know whose blood we need?" Jack smirked.

"I know whose blood you need."

"So you expect to leave me standing on some beach with nothing but a name and your word it's the one I need and watch you sail away in my ship?" Barbossa repeated, astounded. We had left the Isle and were inside the Black Pearl. From a distance the Black Pearl always looked terrifying and haunted, but when I was actually on it, it felt magical, maybe it was some source of dark magic, but that's what made me feel rebellious and free. I was sitting in the Captain's quarters, listening to Jack and Barbossa talk, actually more like squabble over the Pearl and the lifting of the curse.

"No," Jack responded. "I expect to leave you standing on some beach with absolutely no name at all, watching me sail away on my ship and then I'll shout the name back to you. Savvy."

"But that still leaves us with the problem of me standing on some beach with naught but a name and your word it's the one I need." Barbossa retorted. I mean really they were acting so immature.

"Of the two of us, I am the only one who hasn't committed a mutiny, therefore... my word will be the one we'll be trusting." Jack said and picked up an apple from the fruit bowl on the table. "Although... I suppose I should be thanking you because, in fact, if you hadn't betrayed me and left me to die, I would have an equal share in that curse, same as you."

Jack bit into the apple, "Funny ol' world innit?" He offered Barbossa an apple, but is interrupted by a muscular african man with piercings masking around his eyes.

"Captain, we're coming up on the Interceptor." Barbossa stood up and walked outside to the upper deck with Jack and I following close behind. I watched as Barbossa pulled out a telescope and stared through it at the Intercepter. Jack looked rather hurried and stood in front of the Captain, blocking the other ship from his sight.