Chapter II •

"She's coming up." A feminine voice echoed in my head.. Where am I? My eyelids were heavy as I tried blinking my eyes open.. My whole body felt sore. I tried moving my hand, but nothing. Another useless attempt made me realize that my whole body felt heavy and everything seemed to ache, leaving me with no strength whatsoever. My hands were feeling cold and numb as if they were tied. A very familiar feeling from a nightmare I once lived in.

And after a few seconds when I tried moving, I realized that they actually were. A thick rope was tightly holding my hands together behind my back as I was sitting on cold cement ground while leaning on a pillar. My blured vision started clearing out, making me realize I was in a dimly lighted cell.

Moving my gaze from the dirty cement ground, I focused on a small figure in front of me. A girl. Her chocolate brown hair was falling short a little above her shoulders while her hands were tied behind her back the same way as mine. "How are you feeling?" I heard her ask, but even though she tried sounding calm, I could hear the dread in her voice, see the exhaustion in her eyes.

  "Where am I?" I managed to mumble, feeling like my own voice was trailing off and fading through the cold walls of the cell.

  "No one knows." There was that clear disappointment in her voice followed by a quick sigh. "I'm Sara by the way." I frowned as my vision was still clearing out. The headache was giving me the feeling like my body was thrown and dumped multiple times before I woke up. "There's Victoria behind me and Jenna behind you." The girl explained.

  I heard myself release a slow breath, trying to straighten up. "I'm Amelia." My own voice echoed in my head.

My mind started somewhat clearing out, and it all started coming back to me. Dylan, the woods, the running, the dead body.. The vampire. I was suddenly aware of the pain from my neck as I was slowly putting all the pieces together. My heart started catching a mad rhythm with all the realizations. My breaths becoming shallow, like I had just ran a marathon, because I knew.. I knew what was coming next. It was all like a flashback. Like I was re-living everything. The history was repeating itself.

   But I didn't plan to end up like that again. To be vampires' slave again. I had to get out. Release myself. "Can you stop moving. It's not worth it. Trust me, I tried." I heard a voice from the other side of the pillar.. A pretty rude tone. Jenna, was it? Not exactly the best time to mess with me.. Nothing could make me give up. Not after what I had been trough. Not again.

  However, the only thing that kept wandering in my mind was how? How was it possible for this to happen to me again? Why me?

And then there it was.. A picture popped in my head. The picture of the vampire that bit me. Midnight dark hair, dark eyes with the glare of black pearls.. No, I thought, I never saw him before. So, the question was: Was it possible that it was all an accident? That they don't know that I've actually been a slave before. Or was this just a payback for my runaway?

  However, the first time I was kidnapped it was a lot different. Each human had a separate cell.. This time, perhaps us prisoners were a bigger number.

I struggled for a minute or two, finally giving up with the realization that it was just my own panic taking over my body, making me struggle and move.. I leaned my head on the wooden pillar behind, glancing on the side as my eyes were instantly met with a logo sculptured on the lock of the cell. Two symmetric lion heads made of dark metal were sculptured on the lock of the door. Same on the doors of the cell across. And the worst part was, that logo looked oddly familiar.

  "Do you guys remember anything?" My voice filled the silence; my mind desperate for some answers, even though the other girls seemed just as lost as I was.. Even more terrified even.