Chapter XXI

Dimitri's POV

I felt a warm drop slide down my face, but I could no longer feel my own body. I didn't know if I was more in shock, or grief. And just then, my father's hands moved from my shoulders, releasing me. I was harmless right now, frozen to my spot. I stared at her, laying on the floor. Her eyes peacefully closed as her hair was spread around her face. Christian looked at her the same way I did. He was shocked for some reason, and he was the bastard that did this. My father took a few steps backwards, yet he never took his eyes off me.

"That could've been you if we didn't stop the hunters now." His voice sounded muted, as all heard were my own thoughts. She can't be gone. I kept thinking, but my eyes were witnessing it all.

"Amelia," I said her name, and my heart was ripped. I broke my promise. I broke my vow.

The king looked at Christian, and then spoke. "Clean up the mess, son." My knees started giving up on me and it felt like a whole mountain just shattered on my shoulders.

"What did you do?" The words tumbled out and my eyes shot to his.

"What was necessary. That girl would've ruined us." He said, but all I saw was Christian. He took her body in his arms, her head falling backwards as her skin was lifelessly pale. My head felt dizzy looking at her. And I refused to see her like that. I refused to see her dead. She cannot be dead. He looked at me, and I saw that 'sorry' in his eyes as he held Amelia dead. Because of him. Just when he turned to leave the cell with her, I felt something snap inside me. I was aware that she was dead, but now, I just refused.

Anger boiled up in my veins, and I felt an unbelievably strong force wash over me. Without even realizing it, my body pushed the whole strength it held, and I moved forward, breaking the metal handcuffs that held me against the wall. With my full speed, I rushed towards him, but once again, the wooden doors closed right there in front of my nose, as I harshly banged my hands against them. "Amelia!" I yelled as if she could hear me. I banged the door with my fists, my full anger taking over my whole body.

"Dimitri," I heard my father say from behind me, but I didn't seem to hear him at that point. I banged the door, and nothing mattered, except for her.

"Amelia!"

I felt him putting his hand on my shoulder, and turning my around. "Dimitri!" He roared so loud, the whole cell shook. "Snap out of it! She's gone." He said. The one that killed her said.

The anger shook me, the fury made sense at that point, and everything around me was dark. The guards were still in the cell with us, but they were smart enough to stay out of my way. I took a hold of his shirt and pushed my whole strength together as I yanked him against the nearest wall. "You're the reason why she's gone!" I groaned, seeing him, my father, right there in front of me and having no other wish than to kill him. All I wanted was revenge. For everything he did to me. "I swear I will kill you."

I suddenly felt a strong, painful push from him. So hard that my whole body moved backwards and I felt myself roughly hitting the wall on the other side of the cell. We were pushing each other from a wall to a wall, like we were collecting some kind of a score. My back hit it, but I didn't feel the pain from the wounds anymore. Just like my bones had just broke. My body sank to the floor as blackness slightly consumed my blurred vision. It wasn't the first time he was showing me his strength, but it never hurt the way it did now.

I saw footsteps walking towards me, but the world around me span. It's like I released my anger, and something numbed my whole body. Not just physically, but mentally too. I had a sudden mental fall-down. My head fell backwards against the wall, and trough the blurriness, I saw him kneeling down. His hand moved in my hair, and pulled slightly, until my eyes fixed him. "Consider it a favor." He said quietly, causing me to clench my jaw, but I felt paralyzed to do anything at that point. Standing up, he said. "You're welcome, son." And with that, left the room.