Chapter XXVII

Amelia's POV

I looked at Christian, but he was simply hypnotizing Dylan, as he didn't dare to brake the staring contest and look at me. A part of me was feeling like there was not a possible chance for him to accept this deal, but when Dylan mentioned Dimitri, I was pretty sure that he caught Christian's attention. Before I was able to think trough it myself, Christian let go of me slowly and started walking towards Dylan. Slowly yet threateningly. Stopping less than a feet away from Dylan, he raised his index finger, and spoke.

"If I regret this, I swear I will rip your hearts off with my own hands. One by one." The dry air caught in my throat at his words. He surely sounded believable. Coming from someone as dangerous as him, I doubt it was just a threat. We all knew he could do it without blinking. And the werewolves must have really needed out help since they were agreeing on working with Christian.

I felt a small relief in my chest. I wanted this deal with the them. I needed it, because it seemed like it was my only chance on seeing Dimitri again. Before he turned around, he continued. "And remember this, Dylan. You might be an Alpha, but you're not ours. We're not a pack. We're a team... For now," He scanned Vanessa and the Brownie for a few seconds, and turned around, walking back towards us.

"Feel free to come in. There are plenty of rooms in the house. Choose a few for yourselves." Christian said with his back turned on them, until he slowly turned around a spread his arms slightly, showing how big the house was as he continued walking backwards. I looked at Dylan and his eyes met mine, a smirk forming on his lips instantly, obviously saying 'We did it'. But I knew that if they let Christian down, they would be all dead. He wasn't kidding. I didn't return the 'smile' he offered. Just turned around and walked inside. Like Christian said, we were a team, not a pack. And even though Dylan was an Alpha, he wasn't ours.

~

I stared at the fire in my room, listening to muted voices from downstairs. The heat was blooming trough my skin, like silk caressing me slowly and gently. I kept thinking, What is my part in the whole plan? I was the one that was closest with Dimitri, yet somehow the most useless one of all. I was supernatural, but I was also a shadow hunter. Christian acted so suspicious with the werewolves, so the question was, did he trust me? Did he ever trust me?

Laying on my bed, my silky nightie unfurled on both sides if my hips as I stared at the ceiling. Dimitri was all I could think of. I prayed that whatever plan they were making downstairs would work. That Dimitri would remember me when he sees me. Maybe Christian was wrong... Maybe he never forgot me. But the chances of both things were somehow equal. As much as he could remember me, the chances of him not remembering me, ever, were the same. I sighed and closed my eyes for a few seconds. He was there. The only thing in my head. And when I closed my eyes, the picture flashed in my mind like a gust of wind.

I was almost forgetting his face. I wanted to reach out for that picture and touch it. Hold him close again. Kiss his lips again. In my heart, I retracted all the bad things I ever said, never trusting him enough to be completely honest with him. They were never a reflection on him, only on my inner demons. I could never hope on getting him back, because I knew that hope might come crashing down on me. And after all, I never really deserved him. He gave me happiness, he saved me from that hell, yet not once he heard the truth from me. So maybe, he was happy now. Maybe he was better off without me.

I felt like I had grown. It had been such a short amount of time, but trough everything I was put trough, I had. And had learned about what really matters. The truth. Maybe if I simply told him who I was earlier, he would've connected all the dots earlier, and we wouldn't have been caught so easily. He wouldn't have had to go trough that with me. But he did. And now I saw it was all because of me. I had my eyes closed, trying to go trough everything I went trough with him. Good and bad. A tear slipped down the side of my face, and I opened my eyes again.