Chapter XXXVI

Warning: Not edited. Careful.

  A/N: Comment your thoughts loves! I really want to hear what you think about this one. Also, it would make me really happy if you clicked that vote button in the left down corner! Hope this Chap makes you happy ;) Ly <3
P.S. The pic above is making me cringe from his perfection. I'm in awe *.* (Matthew Noszka representing Dimitri)

Amelia's POV

I lied in the middle of the bed, stared in the dark, and progressed my thoughts in that simple silence. It lied on my skin like poison. It seeped into my blood and somehow paralyzed my brain. My pupils became dilated and there was a tremor in my hands. It shook me, most unbearably. Because all I could think was Dimitri. My mind screamed, the voices and noises so loud, and the dull pain in my head slightly spread. It had been a few hours since he left. And all I could do was sit and cry.

I didn't want to call Luke. I didn't want to involve him in my mess. So I simply locked myself up and lied down. My eyes seemed to dry, and there were no more tears rolling down my face, nor a strength to fight. Only those voices in my head, breaking the balance that the symphony of the silence held. The room was old, creepy, but I didn't mind being alone. I needed to be alone. And I understood. I understood everything. I couldn't blame him. But the pressure, the pain in my chest, it was burning me. Burning me alive.

I connected to a part of him others never felt. I saw a part of his soul he never wanted to let out of the bag. I touched him and saw his reaction, beautiful and raw. For those moments he was more real than the blood in my own veins, and I felt him like the beating of my own heart. When he pulled away the bond we forged was almost molten. That bond that held us together even when we were miles away. But maybe I had already broken it. Maybe letting go of his hand represented that.

I called for him, came close and let my face become wet with those untold tears. But he would not or could not return to my love in that moment. And so my world had become blacker than it ever was before, darker for his absence, loneliness crippling my every thought. I could hear his voice in my head, I could feel the warmth of his body, yet when I turned on the bed next to me, there was no one there. White sheets, empty pillow and nothing else.

Through those six months, I kept telling myself that he was coming back, we would see each other again, and everything would be back to normal. But what changed? We both acted immature, impatient, and childish. I let my mind decide the way. Let my thoughts that were blurred from the alcohol lead the way towards my biggest mistake. I understand, I kept thinking. I understand why you left. And all I could do was pray that he was alright out there; in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the night.

My brain was already corrupted with the deal I made. And I had no clue what to think first. However, the thoughts about Dimitri won. The pressure in my chest only grew, and there was only worry there. My lungs struggled for breath against ribs of stone and my feet had lost their wanderlust. Before I met him my heart was soft, with him it became strong and vibrant. And without him, it was simply empty. When he was away for such a long time, at least I knew he was alive. Now he left angry. Broken. He left and his last words that night were a warning.

"Just listen to me for once!" His voice once again echoed in my head, his angry tone making me cringe. And those voices, they only meant one thing. I felt frozen to my spot, but super senses or not, I felt the danger. I still wasn't as good to part danger from that feeling that told me something wasn't right. I turned on the side, trying to stand up, but my head felt heavy, and I couldn't lift it from the pillow. I could hear my own breaths mixing with those noises, and I heard a voice. A feminine voice saying his name, and it wasn't mine. However, that was the last thing I heard before the pain hit my head and my eyes closed on their own, leading me to that blank unconsciousness.