Chapter LIV

Warning: Not edited, and pretty damn long.. Comment what you think, and please vote if you liked it <3 Enjoy :)

***

Amelia's POV

Every time Adam opened his mouth, I got angrier. He had no limit. He just couldn't resist pissing me off. At the beginning I would swallow my retort, mostly because I could've got killed if I barked back at him. So moving on seemed like the only option. Forgetting, and surviving. But that only made it worse. That only made the hate I felt towards him grow bigger and bigger every second of every day. And I was no longer the one who should be afraid. I've changed. And he should've known better than to trigger my frustration in that moment.

I was ready to leave before, but he was not getting away with it just like that. Taking a small step towards him, I still had the girls behind me. "Where exactly are you getting with this, Adam?" I couldn't seem to control the anger that was obvious in my voice, but I kept it steady. I managed to hide the urge to rip his head of, right there.

I could see something in his eyes change, it wasn't fear, but it was still more seriousness, ruining that arrogant posture of his. However, he did everything he could to cover it up. "I'm only trying to make you see what's right in front of you. Take it as a friendly warning." He stopped, taking a firm hold of Jenna's arm, still managing to pull out that famous smirk of his. He always looked like he was right. The truth was, he was very good at lying. And acting.

"I'm the last person on this planet that wants you hurt, Amelia. You've been part of this world for so long now, and you still haven't learnt that trusting is what's going to get you killed." Every word that came out of his mouth seemed to be a trigger for my adrenaline to be pumped more in my blood, for my whole body to feel like it was on fire from the anger that was boiling up. And I've heard that nonsense about Dimitri for the second time that day. I didn't need a reminding, especially not from Adam.

He always thought that I would need him. He thought that my survival without him would be useless. He got rid of me because he thought I would be as good as dead without him. Little did he know, it only made me stronger. But he had no idea how much words could trigger me. I could feel my heart starting to beat rapidly, and within a few seconds, my mind was cleared out. Almost like it went blank. I knew the feeling, and I knew it meant I had lost my temper. The same thing happened when I freed the guys from my father's stupid minions.

I looked at his vampires, still standing and waiting for an order. And without even realizing, my hand moved towards them, and I could feel myself gathering that energy. I didn't think about it. I just said it. "Orrox femus." I felt the power, the force as I moved my fingers, and within seconds, a muted cracking was heard. I watched as their heads moved on the side, their neck cracking at the same time before they fell lifelessly on the dirty cement. I took down 6 vampires without even trying. I could almost feel those tingles down my fingers that electricity, even after the spell. I didn't realize my powers were back.

I closed my eyes for a second and a sharp breath escaped me. Almost like I just got something useless out of my system. That energy. Like I had screamed at the top of my lungs, just so I can get that annoying pressure off my chest. I looked back at Adam, and I could feel everybody's confused stares. Well at least for those who I didn't knock out yet. A thought crossed my mind. What did I just do? But it felt as if I didn't care. They were vampires. Cracking their necks only knocked them out for a few hours.

I hid the surprise and shock from what I did that I seemed to share with everyone else. "Next time, Adam, it won't be just knocking them out. They'll be dead. Along with you." I said, seeing that familiar fury in his eyes. Hate. But as always, there was no worry. No caring. He never cared. Not even for his own. Just for himself. And even though I did it without thinking, even though it was mostly unconscious, I knew that I was capable of killing him. And I wasn't afraid.