; 09

Nash ,

"When are you coming?"

Sent.

I sighed, watching as the 'read at 12:09 pm' Popped up under the text I had just sent. My foot tapped up and down impatiently, and Ashe sat across from me, drinking her water.

"Can you not tap your fucking foot so much?" Ashe groaned, rubbing her head.

I frowned at this. I knew deep down she didn't mean it though — I mean she did get rid of a fetus, as horrible as it sounds.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"I'm sorry, Nash, I just... I can't function right now." Ashe mumbled, wiping her eyes with the sleeves of her sweater.

"What's wrong?" I asked, powering my phone off as I looked at her.

"My head hurts – Well, actually, everything hurts. I don't know what I just did. I just killed the only thing I had close to a kid and-"

"You didn't kill your baby, Ashe. She or He didn't even have a heart yet." I interrupted her, trying to make her feel better.

"But still Nash! I forgot to tell Matthew to wear a fucking Condom too! I-I'm horrible." After that sentence she broke down in tears.

I stood up and sat next to her, tightly wrapping my arms around her as she put her head in my chest and cried. Hearing her sobs made we want to cry, and when my shirt was damp with tears I felt sorry for this girl I called my sister.

I was especially sorry that I even invited the whole reason this happened to our house for the weekend. If he even shows up. He texted me an apology, and that he wanted to get an education before he even dared to take care of a kid.

Do I think what he did was right? Hell no. She's my fucking sister and I should pound his lights out — but I won't, because my sister loves him. Even though she won't admit it.

I sat straight-faced on the chair and cradled my sister, slowly taking one arm off of her and reaching over for my phone when I heard it ding.

I took a look at the screen, gasping incoherently as I read the text.

"Soon, keep her safe for me."

-------

Holy shet.

I LOVE YOU!!!

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT DAY AFTERNOON

xox, claire