Metanoia [Two]

Previously on S.D.A >>>

Leaping onto my bed with a cup of hot cocoa, I rummaged through my backpack and heaved out the heaviest book known to man; my biology book. Flipping through the pages, I sighed and dreamed about my favorite troublemaker. I peered out the misty window and wondered about Caspians' eye ordeal. Was it just my imagination?

♛♛♛-----♛♛♛-----♛♛♛

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"No..." I groaned. "Not yet."

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"Shut up..." I slammed my hand on the alarm clock's snooze button and turned onto my side. I groaned a few minutes later when the alarm clock started to shriek again and pulled a pillow over my head.

Irresponsibly lying in bed sounded like a fantastic idea, but I woke up half an hour later, with only ten minutes to get dressed and my butt still struggling to mosey out the bed.

Eventually, I rolled out of bed and dragged my half-dead body to the bathroom. I snatched my tooth brush out of a ceramic cup and turned the shower knob clockwise.

Giving my teeth a quick brush and washing my face with lukewarm water, I quickly stepped into the shower and gave my hair a rough scrub with cucumber and strawberry shampoo. (Something about the scent intoxicates me, although I'm not sure what.) After rinsing out all the shampoo and conditioner, I stepped out the shower and dried myself with a blue, fluffy towel.

Water still dripping down my arms and legs, I tip-toed to the closet and opened the closet door.

To my surprise, a huge wave of dirty clothes flew at my face and dragged me down toward the carpet.

"Ugg.. gross." I pinched a stained t-shirt between my fingers.

"How long was this in here?" I thought aloud as I allowed myself a deep whiff of the shirt. My face crinkled and I tossed the shirt aside. It smelled like last year's Halloween party mystery meat entwined with the smell of rotten eggs and sour milk.

How long was this sitting in here?!

I began to dig through the pile of clothes once again and thank the Lord, found a clean pair of skinny jeans and an egg white tank-top.

Unsatisfied, I sifted through the heap of clothes until I came across the heavy duffle coat I wore last night and slipped it on along with a pair of gloves and a beanie. Collecting all of the homework I did and didn't finish, I hastily pulled on a pair of mismatched socks, tugging my favorite Converse high top sneakers on like no tomorrow. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and stumbled downstairs.

"Mum, I'm leaving!" I yelled to wherever she was and opened the door.

"Oh, wait a second, Tess!" My mum stepped out of her sewing room which we call her home away from home. She shifted her weight and reached into her pocket to toss me a small canister. I fumbled around with the books in my arms and fell forward to catching it.

"What's this for?" I rolled the thin, silver cylinder bottle around my hand. I gaped my mouth realizing it was pepper spray.

"Next time you leave, try to be a smidge more quiet coming in. It's dangerous nowadays," She smiled. "Now hurry up, the bus is about to leave."

Damn it Caspian.

♛♛♛

"Yo, Tess!" I patted down my unruly hair before I spotted Caspian pushing through a crowd of seniors.

"Hey Caspian, is this yours-" I began to pull the chain out of my pocket but before I could, Caspian stopped me.

"Never mind that, guess what? I hooked up with Amanda last night at the party! We're dating now!" He flashed a wide grin. "Impressed?"