Chapter 6: Sleep, Officer

..::*Louis' POV*::..

"Officer," I purr in my silky-smooth seduction voice. "We were just out enjoying the sunset together and must've somehow lost track of time. There can be no crime in that, now can there?"

"Young man, I can assure you it is a crime. The curfew is from dusk until dawn and it is clearly much past sundown. I have the mind to arrest the both of you right this instant. It's people like you that put others in danger," the burly police officer bellows.

Clearly this man will be a tough nut to crack.

The dark night sky illuminated only by the fluorescent glow of millions of stars and the sickly golden light coming from the officer's flashlight doesn't allow him to see the inhuman beauty I posses that would-- under normal circumstances-- have him under my spell within seconds.

Time for Plan B.

"Fine, fine. We'll just be heading back to mine then, won't we Liam?" I say, not much of a question in my tone.

Liam nods obediently and I grab his hand before pulling him to sit upon my lap.

He leans all his weight against me and I in turn rest my chin on his shoulder.

I begin humming a familiar melody and soon, I'm cooing lyrics to him gently, purposely changing all 'she's' to 'he's'.

"Now that he's back in the atmosphere

With drops of Jupiter in his hair, hey, hey.

He acts like summer and walks like rain

Reminds me that there's a time to change, hey, hey.

Since the return from his stay on the moon

He listens like spring and he talks like June, hey, hey.

But tell me, did you sail across the sun?

Did you make it to the Milky Way to see the lights all faded

And that heaven is overrated?

Tell me, did you fall from a shooting star –

One without a permanent scar?

And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?"

Liam's eyelids begin to get heavy and he clearly is struggling to keep them open. "Shhh, love. Sleep," I instruct. Soon enough, he is sleeping peacefully against my chest. Almost regretfully, I lay him to the floor and cover him with the denim jacket that had been adorning my torso. 

"What's wrong with him? What did you do?!" the officer yells at me, a look of terror on his face. The beam of his flashlight flicks up and lands on my face, illuminating it for the man to see more clearly.

I put on my best smirk and shoot back, "Oh, Officer, I didn't do anything to my Liam. He's just... tired. But you, on the other hand, you I will do something a little less pleasant to," I snarl.