4th Feather

"Why!?~" Juuzou whined.

"I'm really sorry, sir. But these are the only rings available.. We can't just make a doughnut looking like ring this instant." The vendor said with both his hands raised.

Juuzou turned his upper body 180° to Amon's direction.

Amon was dragged to the jewelry shop since his coworker begged for him to come. He also felt that he needs to go because he have a feeling that Juuzou won't be able to pick a ring without causing any ruckus.

"Amon-san, he said that I can't have the doughnut ring.~" he said with a menacing grin. "Can I cut his fingers? I feel the need to do so right now."

The poor vendor visibly flinched at the words that came out from his customer.

The white haired man was obviously pissed but he remained calm with the thought of mutilating the vendor's corpse once he got his senior's approval.

"Suzuya-kun, you should really take consideration the fact that you are technically procrastinating in buying your ring. You could've done it exactly a month ago, the day you proposed, right?" Amon said, attempting to calm his colleague down.

The younger male hummed, looking up as he contemplates. "...I forgot~ I just remembered buying it today.~"

His anger dissipated  he realized his mistake. "Okay~ I'll just take this!~" he held out a golden ring with a medium sized sapphire gem embroidered at the center with small diamonds around its circumference. "Amon-san, will she like this?"

"I think so. It looks beautiful." The taller male honestly answered.

"I will give it to her later!~" Juuzou announced, a genuine smile plastered on his face.

Amon can't help but smile himself. The white haired child was growing into a fine man.

++++++++

"Knock knock~" Juuzou announced, before deciding to open the door like he always does.

He stopped when he heard familiar voices resonating from the room.

"...It's alright, doc." It was his beloved's voice.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"Don't gimme that sorry butt face! It's perfectly fine!~"

Silence took over the place. Juuzou took the silence as his cue in entering.

"I'm home~" he announced with his usual grin.

He saw the familiar sight of his girl sitting on her hospital bed, wearing her white hospital gown and a blanket draping over her small frame.

He noticed how the girl have thinned for the past few days. He concluded it as an effect of the drug she's taking. She still looks beautiful anyway.

Both heads turned towards his direction. Kuroh patted the girl's shoulder and walked out the room, not before flashing an apologetic look towards the young male.

The albino haired simply shrugged it off and walked to the girl.

"Welcome home~" she greeted, flashing a small smile.

He was about to return the favour but he noticed something different about the way she smiled.

"Is everything alright?" He asked, worry filling his voice.

"Of course! Why won't I be?" The girl answered, not looking into his eyes.

"But.. You won't look at me."

"It's because you're still standing. It's kind of hard for me to look up right now." The girl reasoned.

"Ohhh~ Okay!~" Juuzou nodded in understanding. He took out a chair beside him and sat on it. "Do you know why I came here today?~?" He excitedly asked, peering over at the beautiful orbs of the girl.

His smile slightly faltered.. His lover's eyes looked distant. He shook it off and replaced his smile with a grin.

"You always come here." The girl retorted with a slight chuckle. "What makes today different?"

"Do you want to know?~" he asked.

"Yes? That's why I asked." She answered, raising an eyebrow.

"Do you really wanna wanna know?" He repeated.

"Juuzou!" The girl scolded, frustrated.

The male giggled, obviously enjoying the the distraught face of her.

"Give me a kiss then." He said, inching his face closer to hers.

Her face turned red with the words she heard. She cleared her throat and let her hands searched for Juuzou's pale cheeks. She gave his lips a peck before moving away.

"There." She concluded, still blushing madly.

"Good girl!" He took out a box and opened it, showing the expensive ring he had bought. "You see, I'm going to propose formally!"

The girl's eyes widened in surprise as her face turned crimson from being pink.

"I bought this ring with Amon-san and he said that I picked the right one. I definitely think that you'll like this design!" He blabbered, with such ecstasy.

Tears started to form on the corner of her eyes. He took it as sign to continue.

'She will cry due to surprise.', Amon noted.

"Ehem. Ehem. Um!" He took out a cue card from his pocket. "I, Juuzou Suzuya, would like you, my wilted flower, to be my one and only wife that would make me the happiest man in the entire universe!" He impatiently recited, obviously memorizing the whole thing. He threw the paper away, uninterested with it already.

"You are a surprise that the gods gave me after Shinohara-san!" He continued without the copy. "I know that you saying yes is given but I want to hear it from you!~"

"..Will you marry me?"

Silence can only be heard as a response.

"...Hey?"

"...I'm sorry, Juuzou." She muttered, tears falling from her cheeks.

Juuzou's smile turned upside down. "Why?"

"...I would love to... But... I can't anymore."

"...Huh?"

"..I already lost my eyesight and my.. Heart.. My heart rate is slowing down." She gulped down the sobs emitting from her throat. ".... And I'm on the last stage of my disease. Doc said..."

"Doc said that I only have a few days to live."

She wiped her eyes with her shaky fingers, smiling sadly. "I'm sorry that I won't be able to admire the ring you bought for me.."

"I'm sorry that I won't be able to marry you."

"I'm so sorry that I will die."

Those words rang through Juuzou's head again and again as if they were some sort of a curse.

"Y-you can't die!" He interjected. "I still have to write in that sheet of paper for you! We still need to go and have ice cream parfait. And.. And.. You still need to live!" He stuttered out, tears silently trickling down his cheeks.

"Pl-please!" He let go of the box he's holding and held on to both of her hands. "You can't leave me!"

He shook his head furiously.

His pleads were only answered by the loud sobs coming from the girl as she tightened her grip on his hands.

"I'm sorry, Juuzou."

~~~~~~~~

(Bakamono: it's coming to an end already :<)