5th Feather

All things, whether good or bad, must come to an end.

I believe that dying is just a part of living. When living things die, they just stop moving. It's not much of a big deal to die.

When I was a little teeny tiny bit younger, I would crush the big ant that I have caught on a tree trunk. Then, it would just die. Simple as that.

Crying won't make the dead return to the living. That's why I thought, people are wasting their energy crying.

But I was wrong.

+++++++++++

"Umm. Mister?" Juuzou tilted his head, looking at the man who had taken care of his fiancé for eight years.

"Yes?" The kind doctor answered.

"What... Is her condition?" The white haired man glanced at the sleeping state she was currently in.

"..Well, this disease is really new to us." Kuroh said, also taking a look at her. "Her body seems to stop functioning bit by bit."

"..First was her kinesthetic movement in her lower body. Then.. Her kidney was starting to stop functioning as well. Followed by her ability to feel pain.. Every week, at least one system would shut down. And the final one was her eyesight and her involuntary muscles in the heart.." He paused. "According to our studies, her brain is stopping to send signals, resulting to the symptoms I mentioned before."

"I don't understand everything you have just said." Juuzou complained. "What I only want to know is if she'll survive."

"...I'm afraid that it's.. It's impossible."

Juuzou clenched his fists and looked down, contemplating.

"Can't you do something?" He asked, mouthing each word carefully.

"I'm sorry."

With that, the little boy cried harder than the time he had cried for Shinohara.

+++++++

"I'm home!~" Juuzou announced, carrying a bowl of soup with him as he entered the room.

"Welcome home." His lover greeted, waving to the direction she thought Juuzou was standing.

He sat down on a chair near her bed before saying, "Are you hungry?"

She nodded enthusiastically.

"I brought soup!~ Would you like me to feed you?"

Her face grew into a dark shade of red.

"N-no! I can f-feed myself!"

"Stop being shy now~" He teased, squinting his eyes and poking her cheeks softly.

"I'm not being shy!" She defended, pouting.

"Then let your fiancé feed you!"

"..Fine! ... But I'm not shy."

He chuckled before he took out the lid of the bowl and stirring its content with a spoon he already had on the bowl. He lightly blew on it before leveling it near her mouth.

"Say aaaahh~"

"Aaaah." And comes the food to enter her mouth.

He continued feeding the girl, chatting about random topics that entered their mind.

"Juuzou..?"

"Yes?"

"I'm full~"

"Yup, you're a fool."