2nd Feather

"It is very reckless of you to get out your bed." Doc Kuroh mildly scolded.

I rolled my eyes. "Well, excuse you sir but being steak for the ghouls was never in my bucket list."

The doctor shook his head, obviously used to my antics. "Your legs appear to be fine, no bones did crack. You should take extra care of them. Always ask someone to supervise you when you want a stroll on the garden."

Same old advice: Rely on others.

You see, that's why I hate checkups. It tells me how utterly hopeless and useless I am. It tells me how I will live my remaining life in this stinking hospital. And lastly, it tells me how I will die in this very bed.

"...I know what's running through your mind." Doc Kuroh warned with a stern look. "You will not live nor die here. Just believe."

I shook my head. "You have been telling me that for 8 years, doc." I laughed. "It's getting old... Just like you."

His face crumpled. "I'm not that old. But maybe I am indeed aging faster than the normal rate since I spend all my time babysitting you." He tapped my forehead with his pen. "Who could've known that my doctorate will be spent on this very reason."

"Don't worry, doc." I assured him. "You can focus on some other things soon." I continued, smiling.

"Because you will get better." He clarified.

I grinned as a response. "Who knows?~.... Anyway doc! When are you getting married?"

"I think I have no chance with that...." He thought of the most appropriate word for it. "... Endeavor if it won't be you that I will marry."

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.

"I spent 16 hours a day monitoring your condition. The only events I can closely associate to dates are my strolls with you. I need a wife soon.." He trailed off. "So you better get better soon. Capiche?"

"Nope. I want you to die alone." I said and stuck my tongue out.

"You brat." He said, laughing with me.

After my examination, the doctor left the room. I was alone again. I looked out the window to my right and let my mind submerged to deep thoughts.

It has been a week since I met the guy named Juuzou Suzuya. I can still vividly remember what happened. Since then, I haven't seen the person. Well, that is to be expected since he doesn't seem to be the type to get hurt enough to be hospitalized. But he did have those numerous stitches on his small stature.

Why am I even thinking about the person in the first place!?

I shook my head and tried thinking about other things.

I can't really do anything to distract myself. Well, I can knit some stuff but my equipment is on the far side of the room.. I'm stuck here on this bed, obviously.

So what do I ought to think about?

"Knock knock~" A joyous voice called out from the door before knocking on it.

I have a visitor? Who could it be?

"Umm. Come in."

"Okay!~" the door flung open and a white haired guy stumbled to the room, his left foot balancing his whole constitution while his right foot remained uplifted from the ground. He was holding a bouquet on his right hand.

"Juuzou Suzuya at your service!~" He cheered, saluting before skipping to my bed. "I brought flowers!~ They say that the sick feels better with flowers~"