Chapter 2

After about a 15 minute drive, we finally arrived at "Wild Rodeo's Steak House."  The name certainly didn't do the place justice.  It was a small, yet cozy restaurant in the middle of a strip mall.  Although it may not have looked the nicest on the outside, it had the most amazing food I had ever tasted. Everything was always cooked perfectly, and the waiters were the sweetest. And my mom's favorite part is that we get a military discount, which is great because the food can get a little pricey.  

As we pulled up to the parking lot, I recognized a few cars that were already parked. My mother and I were never the first ones, but we always got there on time.  I opened the door and cook already smell the wonderful sauces that they've created.  As i met my mom in the front, we both held hands and walked in. 

The atmosphere of this place was just like home.  There was a tiny waiting area with comfy chairs and a fire place.  The restaurant looked just as you would expect.  A small dining area with booths and chairs.  We made our way over to the waiting area and met up with our neighbors, Mrs. Lilian and her son, Jacob.  We said hello, hugged and sat down next to them.

"Wow Anastasia, you look like a grown up." Lilian said smiling

I grinned. The waitress called us to our tables and my mom and I sat with Lilian and Jacob. It was a great night. We smiled and talked, the food was delicious, and the service was great. It was just shy of 9:30 when we all said our final goodbyes and filed out to our cars. I never quite understood why we always said heartfelt goodbyes, because we could walk to each other's houses, but I went with it. Everyone got into their cars and began to drive out of the parking lot.

"Can I use the bathroom really quick?" I asked.

"Of course." My mom replied.

I quickly ran back into the restaurant, and when I returned, the whole parking lot was bare except for a few cars. I made my way to our car and opened the door to the passenger's seat.

"Do you rather move to the back or move the food?" My mom asked starting the engine.

"I'll just sit in the back." I replied.

I shut the door, climbed into the back, and put on my seatbelt. Sitting in the back would be one of the luckiest decisions of my life.

Hey thanks for reading!!! The next chapter is where things begin to take off so stay tuned!!
~Katie💕