0.3

0.3

the parker house

May 9th – 1990

"Why have I never been to your house, Kai?" I asked him suddenly as I tugged on his pale hand. I studied how our hands interlinked together perfectly, my hand warm and his cold.

We had walked from school, both of us completely silent, yet content with it. We now sat on the swing on his porch, surveying the yard that was completely dead, no birds chirping as if there was a calm surrounding us. The house behind us was quiet as well, his family out at school and work still, since we ditched our last classes after the incident.

"I'm not allowed," Kai told me with a frown. "Our coven is different than yours, it's more important to family values than letting anyone in, like yours."

I nodded in understanding, my coven was different than most. It didn't have rigid standards to live by, while Kai's was ruled by twins with issues.

"We've been friends for years though," I mentioned suddenly. "You have talked about me to your family, right?"

Kai turned to look at me with a smirk, "of course. I always talk about my favourite girl."

"My nana loves you, you know?" I told Kai and he smirked at me, pulling me closer to him, his arm wrapped around my shoulders. Since I wasn't allowed at the Parker house, Kai would practically live at my place and with his devilish charm, convinced my nana that he was perfect. 

"Good, because I love you."

My breath hitched and my body froze at Kai's words. A feathery touch, brought me back to life, his cool fingers brushing up and down my arm. My tank top left my arms exposed to the cool air, leaving goosebumps in the wake of his rough fingertips.

"Y-you love me?" I breathed out, turning to face Kai, letting my own hands grasp his.

"Of course I do," Kai told me, a genuine smile on his face. His gaze was steady with my own, his emotions showing through to me. He was sincere. Even though I knew Kai rarely was sentimental for once he was willing to open l up. After years of being different from everyone, there was no constant figure in his life, except the  abuse he received from strangers and his family.

I guess I became the constant figure in his life. He knew I would always be there for him, despite his flaws.

"I love you, too." I whispered with a small smile, getting closer to Kai.

"Good," a small smile curved the corner of his mouth and I leaned forward to leave a lingering kiss on his dimple.