[ five ]

8 Hours Earlier

"WHERE IS IT?" Jo's voice rang loudly through the house and I choked on my cookie, freezing at the anger coursing through her voice alone. Jo appeared in the doorway of the kitchen, her face flushed red. 

"W-Where's your black dress?" I asked meekly through the cookie, letting crumbs fall from my lips. "I-I borrowed it, I-I'll put it back–" A couple days ago I had borrowed Jo's dress without letting her know, I didn't know she would be that upset about me wearing it. It's not like she ever wore it.

"NO, SERAPHINA." JO stormed into the kitchen, pulling me off the counter before dragging me away into another room. "The ascendant. It's missing and you and Alaric are the only ones who know where it is–"

"Hey," I pulled myself out of her tight grasp, rubbing my sore wrists. "Just because I know where it is doesn't mean I took it. You should know that after this past year, I haven't been able to do much."

"Yeah," Jo turned to stare me, watching my every move. "Because I control you." 

Jo turned away from me, and I knew she felt awful even before she saw the lone tear fall down my face. I was a prisoner in this house. And Kai could get me out of this.

º  º  º

Hours later and I was still sitting down on the stairs, watching Jo tear up our place to find it.  

"Jo," I drawled bored out of my mind. "IF, and I mean IF, I did steal it, why in the hell would I keep it here?"  I kept the phrase simple, I knew it would bug her to no end if I had managed to steal it. But, in reality, I didn't have it. Someone else did. 

This information was vital to me though, Kai had caught me up with the plans with the vampires and how they were trying to save Bonnie Bennett. I liked her the few times I met her, but I wouldn't say she helped me at all. She was one of the people who kept spells to trap me to Jo. I was always going to be on Kai's side. I was in love with him and people kept us apart, and they had to pay. Karma would make everyone its bitch. 

"Jo," I sighed. "I know you don't trust me and I know I'm your prisoner here, but really. Did you ever think it's a possibility that Alaric's loyalty is to Damon rather than you?" 

Jo turned to glare at me before she continued to pull out every book in the library to find it. While she was distracted, I used my phone and quickly sent a text to Kai. 

'The vampires must have it. It's gone.'

•  •  •

I can't believe people still want me to continue this omf. it's a filler chapter but shows her relationship with jo and how mean jo is :-)

who's still watching tvd? i gave up and just watch t.o tbh