Chapter 5

1 week later…

Kalil

Today I had to wake up early because it’s going to be my first day at Cyrus’s high school. We were going to be in the same year and I was seriously nervous, I stood in my wardrobe getting dressed in my school clothes the white collar shirt and black pants with the classic black sneakers. I sighed in the mirror in my wardrobe and I walked out to find myself some breakfast, I ate a bowl of coco pops and I went and checked my school bag to see if I had forgotten anything but everything Cyrus said that I would need was there so i was packed.

I was going there with Cyrus and he was talking on the phone to someone and I sighed impatiently since we had another half an hour to go before we left. I looked at myself in the full length mirror in my wardrobe, I didn’t look that bad but I certainly didn’t take anyone’s breath away when they saw me. My height was an average 5’8 and I had my usual messy straight ashen blond hair with slight beach blond highlights and my very emotional green eyes displayed that I was nervous.

I sighed and did some poses and stopped after three since it made me feel like a girl who was going on a date and I smiled slightly before walking out when I hear Cyrus call for me. I went downstairs with my backpack slung over my shoulder and faced Cyrus, he smiled at me and something was different about him but I couldn’t quite put my finger on what it was. We headed out to his car and when we were both in and Cyrus started to back out of the driveway he stopped and turned to me briefly before resuming to reverse.

“I've got to pick up a friend before we get there, hope you don’t mind” Cyrus told me and I nodded and looked out the window, it was starting to rain lightly and I leaned back into the chair and watched as we went down numerous streets towards his friends place. I silently wondered what his friend would be like and if they would like me or not, I don’t know why but I felt as if it was important if Cyrus’s friends liked me or not.

We pulled out the front of a small house that was a light blue and it looked really nice, there was a tree about the height of the roof of the house and it gave a quite generous amount of shade and there were leaves scattered all over the faded green grass. I saw a teenager around the age of us emerge from the front door when Cyrus honked and he was wearing the normal uniform, a white collared shirt and black shorts and white joggers.

He came to our car and hopped in the back, I looked over at him and he was smiling as he put his seatbelt on. He had perfect white teeth giving him an amazing smile and when he looked up I saw that he had light ice blue eyes with honey brown flecks in them, he looked at me then at Cyrus through the rear-view mirror.

“Hey Cyrus thanks for picking me up, I didn’t want to get caught in this darn rain. So… who’s this?” the teen asked and I could hear all the excitement and cheeriness in his voice as I looked at all the scenery, I think he was happy to be going to school or to see Cyrus maybe? I saw Cyrus look at him in the rear-view mirror when he answered “This is Kalil my foster brother, plus I'm fine with picking you up any day” he looked at me and I glanced over to him and our eyes met before he looked back to the road.

“Kalil, this is my best friend Luke” I nodded and looked at Luke and said hi, he smiled at me and replied with his own greeting. “So you’re going to be in our year right?” Luke asked me and I nodded before looking back to the road. “So are you keen for your first day here?” Luke asked me eagerly and I shrugged not really seeing how he can be so happy for school.