|x|10 - Tree|x|

10

Tree

"Don't hide your scars...They make you who you are." - Frank Sinatra

-----------------------------------------------------

-Joshua's POV-

-In Front Of The Pack-House-

It only took my seconds after I spoke to feel her body tense against me.

Loosening my arms around her, I cocked my head to look down at her.

The expression on her face was one of shock and. . .fear?

Moving my hands from her waist to her hip bone, I gave them a light squeeze.

"What's wrong," I asked calmly as I continued to gaze at the mixed expressions in her dark brown orbs.

Her eyelids lowered and she pushed against my chest, backing out of our embrace.

Still staring quizzically at her I ground out in a firm tone, "What's wrong?"

She looked up at me finally, snapping out of her daze. She held her hand out and I looked at it, confused.

She huffed and grabbed my hand forcefully just as I did to her before looking firmly into my eyes.

"No."

My eyes nearly bugged out of my eyes, "No?"

She nodded and repeated, "No."

I growled, the sound reverberating off of me, "And why the hell not!"

Her feet shifted uncomfortably and her other hand that wasn't tightly grasping mine, prodded and pulled at the hem of her shirt.

Her voice was soft, but it still held the firmness when she told me 'No', "I'll show you when I want to. . .Just not right now when I barely know you."

I growled lowly.

Why the hell can't she show me now? I don't want another fucking 'Before' in my pack-house thinking their my mate! It's happened too many fucking times-six, to be exact-and I'm tired of it.

Gazing down at her, I hope I made it clear that I'm not happy by giving another low growl towards her. When I noticed the shift of her feet and the clench of the hem of her shirt, I'm satisfied.

Moving my other hand to behind her neck, I roughly pull her to my chest, unlacing our other hands so I can wrap it around her waist.

"Fine," I grumble.

She sighs happily against my chest and her hands goes from the hem of my shirt, to grab the hem of mine--lightly.

Chewing the bottom of my lip, I look down at her, questions prodding my mind.

Why won't she show me?

Why is her mark a touchy subject?

And why the hell is she afraid of me now when she clearly wasn't when she was fighting me earlier?

I feel the shift of her body against me and let my hold against her loosen.

Her head tilted to look up at me, "Are you mad?"

I shook my head, "If I was mad, You'd know."

She nodded and smiled at me, glancing down at her teeth, they were becoming a slight yellow tinged color.