~X~12 - In The Eye Of The Storm~X~

12

In The Eye Of The Storm

"There are some things you can only learn in the storm." - Unknown

-----------------------------

~Fang's POV~

~Joshua's Favorite Place, AKA 'The Tree'~

"What about your father?"

My heartbeat sky-rocketed, my hands were clammy, and I could practically feel the sweat that was starting to line the borders of my forehead.

"M-My father," I repeated his question, trying to keep my voice under control and not sound squeamish. But, no. I just had to stutter.

Joshua tilted his head and then his hand reached out, touching my shoulder. Tiny tingles erupted in that area, but I knew he was just comforting me.

"What happened? I know you were in a pack from what you told me. Rouges don't do rituals, rouges don't have a Luna. They may form small groups, but there's never ranks, you just are what you are, A rouge. So...What happened that made you leave your pack," Joshua questioned his grip on my shoulder tightening ever-so-slightly, "I'm waiting for you to explain your mark. But, I'm not letting this slide."

He's right.

All he knows is that I'm a rouge who once had a pack, he knows a little about the rituals, and he knows little about my actual family.

Its only fair that I give him something other than just evading the topic.

I nodded and straightened myself, his hand falling from my shoulder to lay limp on his lap.

"Your right. I was once in a pack. DeadForest Pack, to be exact. I lived a studious life, as the youngest of the family. I felt all the pressure was on me as the last child my mother...and father, would have. I was right. I lost my two older sisters to a territory feud, I lost one of my older brothers to an assassination meant for me, I lost another older brother to a rebellion among the pack. It all fell on me. I was the last child, last heir left of the pack. They put all their expectations on me, but my mother and father helped me," I took a breath and let the information sink in before I continued.

When I felt his gaze on me, I did, "My father, being the superior alpha of the eastern regions, or otherwise known as-- Superior Alpha Nethel Hume. He taught me how to fight, hide my scent, war tactics, how to hunt, how to climb, all that jazz. I guess you could call me a daddy's girl, I loved being outside with him, training to fight and protect my pack when it was my turn to take over, I never liked being cooped up inside like my mother. My mother, or otherwise known as-- Superior Luna Tericila Hume. She taught me the gist of things, what anyone should know. How to behave around other superiority, the rituals, how we were all equal in some way even if we had different ranks, and other things you would normally be taught in school like writing and such."

Just as I was about to continue, he asked a question, "Nethel Hume? The superior alpha of the entire eastern province? I don't understand. If your his daughter why isn't he here with you?"

Clenching my fists, I replied, "I'm getting to that."

He gave a low growl, obviously not liking the way I was speaking to him, but when he pulled me towards him so I was sitting on his lap, I knew that was his way of saying 'Continue' without words.