Chapter 3

"Oh so your a mute well that explains why your so quiet anyway... i wondered why you were quiet i just thought you were shy" he said with a smile.

I smiled and stared at the floor. For once there was no tension in the room when i told this person. Like he has been told this before.

"You know i was a mute up until i was 17..." he said sadly.

I stared at him...

"Do you miss your voice?" he asked softly trying not to upset me.

I nodded no. I really dont. I choose not to talk. I actually tried a few months ago but since i havent talked since i was five my voice left me. So before i had a choice to talk and i choose not to.

"Are you sure? If you ever want me to coach you i can try to get you to talk again..." he said with concern.

Man this guy was nice!!! He was like my mom... I wondered. No not possible...  I nodded yes and head off to class. I walked down the hall and body slammed into Jacob the really hot guy.

"Ugh are you like stalking me or something you-" he paused when he saw my face.

He shook his head and walked away.

"Remember Jacob the pretty chicks are the crazy chicks..." I heard him mumble.

I dont care about the slightly annoying insult. He just called me pretty. After i realized i was swooning i stopped. I am sooooo late. I walked around the corner and body slammed into Eli my neighbor.

"We meet again quiet girl" he said with humor.

I smiled.

"Anyway i was wondering if um youd like to hang out sometime... I like a super long game of charades..." he said with his brown hair in his face.

I took my white board out while he waited patiently.

#? its eaiser to write and talk i guess if you havent realized by now i am a mute: )

He smiled. He handed me his phone and i quickly put my number in. I sent myself a text. to save the number. I sent him a text.

Ill think about it ;)

He smiled. I winked at him and walked away. I headed to class. The bell ran. Dammit i missed 3rd period!!! I shrugged. WHatever.

School was pretty fast. I walked outside and Dylan saw me and practically ran so fast he flew!!! He bent down and whispered into my ear.

"Do me a favor?" he asked.

I gave him that 'what the hell is it?' look.

"Pretend to be going out with me?" he said.

I silently choked. WHY i mouthed.

"Just do it please its important!!!" he asked.

I nodded. He went behind me and hugged me from behind. I started smiling on purpose... but was it really on purpose.. A red headed girl came up to me angrily.

"Oh so THAT is why you wont go with me to the dance!!!! YOUR TAKING THAT THING" she laughed before walking away.

I frowned.

"Im sorry you had to hear that. I just couldnt say no and that was my way of saying no" he said innocently.

I rolled my eyes. That when he grabbed my hand. I turned to look at him.

"Im sorry?" he said.

I smiled and nodded and head home. When i got home my little sister attacked my waist.