I Play With Knifes

"We rely on you!", Rory shouted ducking to avoid a beer bottle. "Could you stop drinking for this Hunger Games?", he keeps ducking and sliding, "Haymitch you will not sit around and let us die!" Rory took a bottle and chucked it at Haymitch and it shattered on a table and Effie screamed, "That's Mahogany!" Haymitch gets up and says, "Fine. I'll stay sober but, you better win." Rory nods and we sit for dinner. I gobble down pies and stews of all kinds faster than you can say, "Mahogany!" "I want you to be early for training tomorrow, you need allies.", Haymitch says as he stares at us and I wipe Lamb stew off my face, then I get up and go to my bedroom.

     I get into the high tech shower and I press buttons that shoot out soap and cleaners and best of all... Hot water. I want to drown myself in it knowing of the time ahead, sadly I can't. I get out and drape a white towel on my bare body I look at the clock and it says eight o' nine. "What? I've been in the shower for two hours?!", I exclaimed , I  have been in that long, so I search the drawers of night clothes. I grab a silk nightgown and slip into it then hop into the fluffy bed. The bed is much softer than the one at home so I soon drift off in a dreamless sleep.

...

     Training day. I grab a black shirt and denim pants then I put on my silver locket. I rush down stairs forgetting breakfast and Rue is already waiting for me. "Hey.", I say. "Hey.", she answers, "Where should we start?", I ask her softly where she answered me with an other question, "Can you climb trees?" I shake my head and she directs me to the rock wall station. She bounced up it like a bird and directed me to climb. I placed my foot first then my hands and half way up I slipped and dangled in the air. Upside down I spotted the careers snickering at me, "Rue?", I shouted, "Could we try this tomorrow?" She laughed and got me down from the air, "Ok.", she laughed, "But we'll need to climb tree in order to survive in the arena." "We'll", I think, "I have found myself an ally."

      I make my way over to the knife section where Clove is practicing. "She knows how already!", I whisper to Rue, "I'll show her that she's not all that great!" "Prim, no!", Rue yelled in a hushed tone but I didn't listen I grabbed a knife even though I have never handled one before and I stand facing were the knife will pass. As the knife comes towards the target I throw my knife and it knocks hers into the negative one hundred point section while  mine stands in the bullseye.  She stares daggers at me as I walk away.