Massacre

My nightmare is vivid and realistic, I'm running around deep in the arena, in the sky are images of Rue and Faylnn. Only in this dream pictures can talk, "You shouldn't of left us!", they chanted, "Besides, you're too late!" Rory's picture appears and he scowled at me, "I never liked you, You're the reason I'm dead!" I hear a noise behind me and I freeze unable to move. Clove pops out behind me, "You should of seen it coming!", she mimicked, "Ah Hahahaha!" She jumped on me and I sat forward awake. Fay sat in front of me crying.

     "Fay? Have you been up all night?", I whisper not waking Rue, she nods, "What's up with you and you partner?" She looks at me glaring but she answers anyway, "I loved him but, I never had the chance to tell him..." I nod and Rue wakes up, "Are we leaving now?" Fay looks at me and I nod, "Yeah." We gather our items and leave the cave.

     I don't know if you would call this "lucky" but, we ran into Rory almost instantly, meaning we ran into the Careers and a girl from four partnering with them. "Run.", calls Rory and we dash, "Up, the tree!", calls Fay and I try climbing for my life but I can't, "I can't!", I scream to them, the careers have caught up to us but they can't climb trees, like me. "Prim, you have to tr-", Fay stops a cannon goes off as she falls. "Fay!", I call, but to no answer, I grab a knife and chuck it at smirking Clove. It finds her temple and a cannon goes off, anger surges through me and I climb and make it to the top then run, I listen to the massacre behind me... "Clove!", Cato calls and climbs, Glimmer screams at him, "You love me not that brat!" A sword noise and a cannon ring behind, "Glimmer!", Marvel screams, "Cato I'll get you for this!"

     I am paying so much attention to behind me I don't see in front of me, "Prim watch out!", calls Rue and I trip on a branch. Falling I slam my left side on the trunk, I scream in pain. I grab a branch on the fall and slowly slip in my blood. I hear a cannon and fall...