The Feast

Rory drifted off to sleep shortly after he gave me my locket. I grabbed three throwing knifes for the trip and secured the boulders in the entrance. I walk on the soggy dirt, it rained the night before kinda setting the mood for today. I wonder if a game maker did that on purpose...

I find the cornucopia faster than I found the cave the first time... With Faylnn... I hide in a bush and study the empty cornucopia, have I missed it? I put that thought aside and think about whom I'm up against. I hear a cannon behind me, well now I have no idea who I'm up against...

After what seems like forever three bags appear on the table, twelve, eleven, and ten. Ten. The boy from ten is still alive, he must of killed the boy from three. He runs up to his bag and grabs it then waits, I don't move so he thinks he's alone. He smiles and tries to grab Rue's and my bag also. I was going to leave him alone but I won't let him go that far.

     I let a knife slip out of my hand and mark into his back ringing out a cannon. I step out of the bush and grab all three bags, I put my three fingers up to my lips and solute him goodbye. "I'm sorry.", I whisper in the air and start walking towards the cave, I only walk because, the threat is no longer gone but, my shoulders weigh heavy knowing two of us has to die...

     I make it to the cave and both Rue and Rory are staring at me. "Good, your alive, I can hurt you now.", Rory mumbles but he doesn't know that's the truth... "Look I got Rue's, the boy from three's, and our bag so, be happy.", I say to that with a bite trying to conceal the fact that we're they only ones. They slightly nod and we open the bags, in number ten we found a knife repeller suit, apparently he needed to avoid me. In number eleven I find the medicine she needs and apply it to her wound. Rory opens our bag, it has a small wooden duck in it, he looks puzzled then asks, "A duck?", but I know what it's for... "Tuck in your tail little duck" Katniss calls me her little duck and its reminding me I have to return to her. The anthem flashes in the sky and so does the faces. Rue and Rory look at me, "Prim? Why didn't you tell us we're the only ones left?"