Delusions

Okay so this next part will be told by Ezra's point of view with a little bit of Aria's as well.

Hope you enjoy!
~A

Ezra's POV:

Aria was being way too distant today, even a blind person could see that. It made me wonder, did this have something to do with that DiLaurentis guy? I know that they're close, after all, Aria was friends with his little sister, but at the dinner last night, they seemed closer than just friends. I couldn't believe she would let him near her and hold her like that! He isn't her boyfriend, I am.

While I was brooding on what to do about Aria and Jason, I ran into an old "friend" of mine. Jackie. "Ezra," she said excitedly, "I heard you were working here, I was actually hoping I'd run into you. Is there someplace we can go to talk and catch up?" She asks me.

I was stunned, and confused. I knew Jackie was working here now, but I didn't think she would try to find me. I was standoffish, not really feeling like talking to her, but with no excuse to get out of it, I reluctantly agreed and we walked to my office.

***

Aria's POV:

After class, I decided to go surprise Ezra and to apologize for being so distant. It wasn't his fault, but I was still so confused about last night. Why though? I ask myself. You were just being comforted by a friend, nothing wrong with that.

Giving up on trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with me, I grabbed two coffees from the nearest stand on campus and walked to Ezra's office. As I neared the door, I could hear that he was talking to someone, a woman.

"I miss this. I miss us, Z," I hear the woman say. Jackie. I'd know that voice anywhere. Ezra was talking to Jackie. His ex-fiancé. I quickly stood behind the wall, not wanting them to know I was there, and listened to their conversation.

"Look, Jackie, we were together a long time ago and while it was great and we had fun, we can't ever go back to the way we were," Ezra tells her, and I inwardly smile.

"I know, Z," Z? What's up with that? "I know I hurt you, but I want to make up for it. You meant so much to me, you still do. I'm not asking to pick up where we left off, but I would like another chance to start over."

Damn. I had to admit, she's good. But I knew there was no reason to worry. Ezra loves me. "Jackie, I'm sorry but that can't happen. Things are different now. Had you come to me a couple months earlier, I might have taken you up on your offer, but I've grown up and moved on. You should too." See. Nothing to worry about.

Jackie, getting the hint, bluntly states, "So you're seeing someone else now."

For at least a minute, Ezra was deathly quiet, then he finally replies, "Not exactly. I just realized we are over, and continued on with my life." Not exactly. He couldn't even say he was in another relationship? Really? I was stunned and hurt and didn't know what to do, so I just left.

***

I didn't know how I ended up home. All I knew was that the perfect image in my head of Ezra and I was just some delusional thought. If he couldn't even admit to himself that we are together well... I don't want to think what that meant for us.

I walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table. I needed to get out of the house. Sitting around and eating a whole tub of ice cream was not the way to solve my problem. I needed to talk to Ezra. Quickly, I got up from the table, grabbed my keys, and walked out the front door, only to find Jason in front of me. "Can I come in?"