Putting it in Action

James got up and walked towards me.

My breath caught in my throat. He got so close and I could have sworn that he was walking right at me when he just smiled and brushed past my arm and continued to the living room.

Colton just laughed at me.

"What do you think is so funny hu?"

"You like him don't you?"

"No" I lied, " I don't know what your talking about."

He just smiled.

"It's ok Abs I understand no hard feeling just don't get hurt okay, from what I've heard he's turned into a player."

I furrowed my brows down.

"But I thought you didn't hang out with guys like that," I questioned.

"I don't normally but we got put together for a project, and because ow as staying here I told him to come, I didn't think you would mind"

"No, no I don't its just that we'll... You know what never mind, what do you want to do for dinner?"

Colton just looked at me and smiled. I knew from his look what he wanted me to make. Every time Colton would spend the night we would eat huge bowls of captain crunch and then make popcorn and melt a hole stick of butter and dump it on it. This was always ok with me because I didn't actually have to cook anything.

I grabbed two bowls and pulled them down only to stop myself, and reach up and grab a third. I guess seeing he was here he could join in on the tradition.

I poured the three bowls of cereal and the put the butter in the microwave to melt is down.

I walked over to the table carrying mine and Colton's bowl. I set them down and he smiled at me.

"Thanks abs"

I quickly walked back over and grabbed the bowl I had poured for James. I set it down at the table where he had been sitting. Why hasn't he gotten back yet the most he could have done was go to the bathroom.

I set my bowl down and started to walk away.

"Hey where you going?"

"I'm going to look for James"

"Alright" Colton said and went back to eating his cereal.

I walked down our hallway and into where are bathroom was. I looked all around when I realized that the front door was open. I walked up to the big wood door and placed my hand on it. As I pulled it open I could hear someone talking. I looked around and saw James leaned up against his car talking on his cell phone.

"Yeah I'm just at a friends house"

"Yeah well actually it's his girlfriends house I think but I'm here to see him"

"Yeah I be home soon don't worry"

"Yup"

"Yeah"

"Alright"

"Ok"

"I will I promise"

"Ok yes I love you to bye"

I sighed when I realized that he had to be talking to his mom. And wait what? He thought I was Colton's girlfriend. Is he crazy? I walked over to the car.

"Hey" I said as I walked up to him.

"Hey, what's goin on?"

"Nothing really just you didn't comeback so I got worried"

"So you worry about me?"

I blushed...

"We'll I mean I.. I mean I well I."

"Haha it's ok I'm just joking with you"

I sighed, oh if only you knew.