Chapter Seven

When Riley and Toby come downstairs, I look up from Connor's chest. They're staring at us with smirks on their faces.

"She's terrified of thunderstorms, okay?" Connor snaps.

"We didn't say anything," Toby says.

"Show us your nails," I say. They hold up their hands. Toby has neon pink, and Riley has neon green.

"Very nice," I say.

"It feels weird," Riley whines.

"I know, but it will get better. Just don't mess them up. Arielle works really hard to make sure that they're perfect," I say. They nod and sit down next to us.

"Connor, you can tell them why I'm afraid of thunderstorms. I'm going to go check up on Arielle," I say. He nods, and I get up.

"Wait," he says. I turn around, and he hugs me, rubbing my back. He pulls away and smiles at me.

"What was that for?" I ask with a smile.

"I just thought you would like a hug," he says, shrugging. I laugh at his goofiness and go upstairs.

When I enter the kitchen, I notice that Arielle's reaching for a cookie on the counter.

"Wait!" I shout. She stops, and I sniff the cookie. "Peanut butter. Sorry sweetie. None for you. I'll make you some when we get back home."

"Okay!" she says, and she grins at me before going over to play with Tank.

"WHAT?!" I hear Riley and Toby scream. I then hear the three of them arguing.

"Arielle, we need to go," I say. She nods, and I gently grab her hand before sneaking out the door.

A/N: I know it's really short, but I thought that it wouldn't be right to go any further with the chapter. The green and pink on the side are the nail polish colors. Please vote and comment, telling me what you think. Love you lots! -Emily