Chapter Four

"Mommy?" Arielle calls out as I'm about to leave her room. I turn around in the doorway, my hand over the light switch.

"Yes sweetie?" I ask.

"Is Connor the boy that's your background?" she asks.

I nod my head. "Yes, he is. Goodnight, Arielle."

"Goodnight, Mommy." I smile and turn off the lights before closing the door.

Wait, she said that he was my background. He put his number into my phone.

I search through my contacts once I reach my room, and seeing the new name stops me.

Your background ;D

I'm dead.

Me: I'm never going to hear the end of it, am I?

Your background ;D: Never.

Me: Well, I'm changing the contact name.

Connor McDumb-dumb: Oh yeah? What is it?

Me: Connor McDumb-dumb

Connor McDumb-dumb: That's changing when we hang out again.

Me: What makes you think I want to hang out with you again?

Connor McDumb-dumb: I have the McDonough charm.

Me: Well, good luck using it on me. The Quinn charm repels any other charm and lures people in. I'm going to bed. Early start tomorrow.

Connor McDumb-dumb: Goodnight Foster.

Me: Goodnight Connor.

I put my phone down, placing it in its charger dock, and I turn off my light before crawling into bed and falling asleep.

When I wake up the next morning, it's to Arielle jumping on my bed.

"Mommy, wake up!" she shouts.

"Five more minutes. Mommy's tired," I groan, burying my face into my pillow.

"But I have to go to daycare!" she cries, landing on my back. I groan in pain, and she lies down next to me. "Please wake up. I'm hungry."

"Where's Quinnie?" I ask, referring to my mother.

"She went to work. Can we go to Starbucks?" she asks. That catches my attention.

"I'll be ready soon. Go get dressed yourself, mon petit chou," I say. She smiles and runs out.

After getting a quick shower, I dress in my unitard and shirt before placing my flip flops on my feet. I grab my phone off of its dock, place it in the side pocket of my duffel bag, along with my money, and I find Arielle downstairs on the couch in a light pink tank top, black legs, black flats, and a light pink tutu. Her dirty blonde hair is pinned back while parted to the side, her loose curls settling at her waist.

"Ari, you look beautiful!" I exclaim when she stands up. She runs to me, and I pick her up.

"Do you like how I did my hair?" she asks, smoothing it down a little.

"I love it! Did you do it yourself?" I ask. She nods.

"I decided to try doing my own hair, even though you're the best at it," she says with a smile. I kiss her cheek and walk out the door, closing and locking it behind me. I put her down and grab her small hand in mine before walking down the steps.

"Are you excited for your first ballet class in a couple of weeks?" I ask her.

"Absolutely! Watching you dance is amazing! I want to be just like you!" she exclaims, looking up at me.