Chapter Twelve

"Hey, I never met your dad. Where's he?" Connor asks as he puts me down.

"Um, he left when he found out I was pregnant. He called me a slut and said that I'm a disgrace to the family," I mumble.

"I'm sorry I asked."

"It's okay."

We pack our things in silence, not looking at each other, and then he walks over to me, putting his hand on top of mine.

"Foster, we need to talk," he states.

"How many times do I have to tell you, I don't want to talk about it?" I snap, continuing to pack.

He sighs. "Foster, it's all I can think about. Please."

I sigh and look up at him. "How about we don't talk about it, and Friday's our first official date?" I ask. He smiles down at me.

"I would love that."

*     *     *

"Mommy, have you gone shopping yet?" Arielle asks. I look up from my laptop.

"Shopping for what?" I ask.

"Shopping for your date Friday. I heard you guys talking," she says. I cock an eyebrow at her.

"Arielle Quinn, were you faking being asleep?" I ask with an amused look on my face.

"Yup. So, have you gone shopping yet?" she asks. I shake my head. "Well then, let's go!"

The next thing you know, we're at Macy's, walking around with her hand in mine. We're both looking around, trying to find the perfect thing to wear. Everything is just, I don't know. I feel like it's too young for me. I know that sounds weird since I'm eighteen, but I feel like everything's for girls who are freshmen and sophomores in high school, but everything in the women's department is too old for me.

"Mommy, look!" Arielle suddenly exclaims, pulling on my arm while pointing to a dress on the rack. I look at it and smile.

Perfect.

*     *     *

After Arielle helps me with the zipper, she waits outside since she wants to be surprised. I pin back part of my hair, the rest of my dirty blonde curls cascading down my back. I apply mascara, liquid liner, and red lipstick. I grab my red fade to black clutch and slip on my red heels before opening the door again. Arielle looks up at me and smiles.

"You look beautiful, Mommy!" she exclaims.

"Why, thank you, Arielle. I couldn't have done it without you," I say, bopping her nose with the tip of my finger. She giggles before grabbing her overnight bag and walking down the stairs, me closely behind with my own overnight bag (I thought that it would be better for the both of us to stay overnight while my mom's on her trip).

"Are you ready to go, because I am," she says excitedly.

"I am. Good thing Quinnie left her car for us, huh?" I ask, and she nods before running to the door. I check to make sure I have my phone, money, and keys before leaving, locking it behind us. I then put her in her car seat before getting in the driver's seat. I start the engine and drive to the McDonough house.

A/N: Hey guys! So, hair is on the side. Outfit will be on the side in the next chapter. Please vote, comment, and share! -Emily