This Is Me

Your POV

Head pounding, blood dripping, tears streaming, and coldness shocking me. Thoughts of depression, hitting my mind, back and forth, side to side. Why me? Why am I the one? Why should I be beaten and tortured? Why am I the one who doesn't have a loving mother and a father who'd hug and kiss me every day, never hit me, and never criticize me for making a mistake, and say "I love you."? Why do I have a mother who doesn't love me and hits me for something I never did wrong? Why am I always blamed for something I didn't do? Why did her boyfriend come in my life to do worst? Nobody loves me. I was fine until my grandmother past away 6 years ago. I was only 11 when she left me, when she went up to heaven to be peaceful and to never feel pain ever again. I want to be up there with her right now. I had no one else but her. The last time I saw my mom was when I was 5 and she was in jail. When she was bailed up after my nana died, she took me in custody. I had friends who cared for me too. But not real friends who'd ask how I was feeling.

I sat on the floor of my closet with the door shut. I held a flashlight so I could see. It smelled like rats and dirt in the house. I put my arm up to the light and saw the old scars...the scars of the damage I did. The scars that reminded me of my depression. The scars of a knife who kept telling me that I'm not beautiful, I don't deserve to live, I don't deserve better parents. 3 strikes on my arm. One for my grandmother. One for my mom. One for the ugliness...But a coincidence, I just gotten beaten, just for forgetting to get food. I couldn't bear to go to the store. Not with myself looking like this. Not with bruises over my body and a black eye on my face. Not with my leg hurting and swollen. Enough was enough. My mother, Christy and her boyfriend Vic will never see me again. NEVER! I turned the flashlight off, got out of the closet and grabbed one of my empty book bags. They were sleeping and this was my one and only chance to run away. Run away and never come back. Run away and find a new family to live with.

I grabbed all of my clothes, all of my pictures and memories, and went back into my closet to find my stash of money. I hid a box of $400 I saved. I've been saving this since last year. All the money from work, and fundraisers I hold. I threw the wad in my bag, put my shoes on and a sweater and opened up my window. I looked back at my room. I chuckled a little. "Goodbye you old dump." I whispered as I jumped out the window. I only had to jump 4 feet. No big deal. I ran as far as I could to the nearest bus stop, where no one could see me. The light was off. I sat on the bench then looked at my necklace. It was a heart shaped locket that had a picture of my grandmother and me in it. She gave it to me in the hospital. Cancer was hitting her too quickly and she knew she was going to leave me.

"YN...I want you to keep this around your necklace at all times. It's waterproof, so you never have to take it off. Whenever you feel like you're alone, or hurt, open it and just talk to me. Talk to the picture of me..." she said softly and slowly and faintly. I cried as she handed me the necklace. "I love you YN." She held my hand. "I love you too na-" the heart monitor made a straight long noise, notifying me that she was gone. I felt her cold hands. Her blood stopped flowing, heart stopped beating, her eyes were closed, and she was motionless. She was gone.

"Nana..." I said as looked at the picture. "I wish you were still here...It's not the same without you. Everything has changed ever since you left me." I let a tear drop down my cheek. "I've been feeling more pain and depression...I can't wait to meet you soon again...Love you." I closed the locket, lied my bag on the bench and lied my head on it, lifting my feet up as if I was laying on my cold hard bed from the house I recently lived in. I closed my eyes and fell into a peaceful sleep...