Take me instead

The figure paced about before Louis and Phoebe

The figure paced about before Louis and Phoebe. Hands clasped behind his back, head bowed, and brow drawn in pure anger.

The siblings had been seized by a couple of guards who had turned out to be merely empty suits of armor and were being restricted in what was the most beautiful, and only, thrown room Louis had ever laid eyes on.

He twisted his wrists in the tight metal grasp of the guards his heart beating a mile a minute. He was absolutely shitting himself, and he just prayed he'd make it out of this mess alive. He knew they had been trespassing, though it seemed alright judging by the fact the stupid clock and candle said it was, and now here Louis was maybe seconds away from his own beheading for all he knew. 

Finally, the figure spun on a boot heel and the dull of green yet again found those of blue.

The Figure, which was more of a monster was a wicked sight to look at. His body was shrouded in a carpet of thick brown fur, his head adorned in a pair of glistening horns. His chest heaved under a ripped shirt and he clicked his claws together as he watched the pair silently. However, the only thing seeming to not be that revolting was the monster's eyes that remained intact and somewhat beautiful.

Louis shook his head.

Suddenly Pheobe let out a scream of terror as she struggled in the armor's grasp. Louis too looked on at the monster his heart pounding and threating to leap out of his chest.

The monster heaved an exasperated sigh suddenly turning his attention to Louis and Phoebe.

"So here we are." He breathed. His voice was low and gravely. His tone was unsettling. Definitely angry.

"So what exactly did you say your name was?"

Louis could tell this thing was trying very hard not to grit his teeth.

"Uh Yes. My name is Louis. "

The monster closed his eyes pinching the bridge of his nose. "Do you have a last name, Louis?" He sighed beginning a decent to the dusty throne behind him.

"Oh uh, Tomlinson. Sir."

The monster froze.

From the back of the room, a fluttered gasp escaped the mouth of Liam as he turned to Niall. Niall, however, was confused.

"You don't get it?" Liam whispered. Niall shook his head.

"Oh don't you remember. The night? The man who Harry threw in prison, the night all this happened?"

The monster turned on his heels, a daze seeming to linger in his eyes. "What did you say?"

Louis shakily stood up straighter exchanging a glance with his sister. "Uh, Tomlinson. My name is Louis Tomlinson, and this is my sister Phoebe."

For a second Louis thought he saw something click in their captor's eyes. Was it sadness, regret? But it was gone as soon as it had come and the same dullness was back.

"Mr. Tom-Louis, why did you think it was alright to enter my home?"

Louis gulped at the lump he hadn't realized was there, and before he could catch himself blurted out everything in his mind. "It was storming first of all. And then our dog ran away, so my sister thought it was alright to chase it, so she wiggled her way under your wall. So when I followed I couldn't see her, she was just gone so I ran up to your beautiful home, love what you've done with the place by the way, and followed her inside. Then after we were just taking refuge from the storm, and I promise, we were certainly going to leave after it had stopped, and I'm so sorry please don't kill us!"

The monster frowned a low growl coming from his throat. "I don't take kindly to trespassers." He spat through his fangs. He looked up at the two amused at their dirtiness, but eventually he rolled his eyes waving at the guards. "Throw them in the dungeon."

There was a moment of panic as the guards began to pull at the siblings, Percy got excited and began barking wildly.

"Wait, WAIT!" Louis screamed.

The monster watched on in amusement and raised his hand pausing the guards.

"That's it? You just listen to me ramble and then throw us away? Don't you have any idea about human decency?"

The monster shrugged. "I'm a king, I can do whatever I want"

Louis sputtered looking desperately around the room for something to help him. Finally, his gaze came to fall on Pheobe who was on the verge of becoming hysterical. Sweet innocent Pheobe. It was his fault they were in this mess. If he hadn't dared her to take the short cut they would be at the tavern by now, relaxing with a cup of warm cider. What a lousy excuse for a brother he was. He had failed his Mother and himself. He had allowed her to fall into danger. She was so young and had so much of her life ahead of her. No, he wouldn't let the monster do it. He couldn't.

Louis looked to the monster and spoke. "Let her go, take me instead!"

"You?" The monster remarked in disgust. 

"Yes, Just me, let Phoebe go. She's young and deserves more than a life of rotting. Take me, I'll do anything just let. Her. Go!"

"Louis don't do it!" Phoebe was crying. Tears streaming down her dirty face. But Louis tried to be brave. He told himself he wouldn't cry. "It's okay Pheobe. I'll get out somehow. I'll find you!'

Silence fell over the throne room. Green eyes working over blue.

Finally, he spoke.

"Done. Escort her out, him to the dungeon. Just get them out of my sight."

Louis sighed happily as he expected to be able to able to say goodbye, but was instead yanked back away from his now screaming sister. Percy had been scooped up by another guard and was making his way towards the doors along with Phoebe who was thrashing violently in the guards metal grasp. 

"Wait, Phoebe!"

He managed to wiggle a hand free and so did she as they reached for one another, struggling against the guards. For a second their fingertips touched and they tried to hold on but with one final pull, Phoebe was out of her brother's grasp and out of the thrown room. Her violent cries could be heard echoing down the hall.

Louis gasped, his body falling limp. He didn't even bother struggling as the guards hauled him away.

From his lips, he produced a soft whisper of a sentence. Though he didn't cry, he sure felt like he would.

"I didn't even say goodbye..."