Something There...

It was already November, Harry's 21st birthday on the 1st of February was only three months away and the rose was barely holding on

It was already November, Harry's 21st birthday on the 1st of February was only three months away and the rose was barely holding on. Only 4 petals remained and 1 out of the four dangled dangerously from the deep green stem. However, the minds of servants were hardly focused on the rose itself but on Louis and Harry as a whole. Everyone had been waiting with bated breath as the days rolled by wondering if anything noticeable was there. A spark, a beam of light, warmth within the cheeks, anything that resembled an ounce of affection the two may possess for one another. Alas, it wasn't that simple. Harry still was pretty hideous and quite stubborn, and Louis just the same. It would seem in these harrowing times that only a miracle could save the castle.

"I'm through waiting around Niall!" Liam shouted rubbing a silk cloth across his clock-face clearing away the annoying condensation that had formed on the glass. "It's completely pointless. This experimental relationship is going nowhere!"

Niall stood beneath one of the huge windows staring out into the winter wonderland that surrounded them.
"At least they've made progress Liam." He grumbled under his breath the flame atop his head sputtering in aggravation.

Liam scoffed the minute hand spinning a 180, "like what?" He asked.

Niall rolled his waxy eyes. "Were you not present during the whole 'thank you for saving my life' ordeal?" He spat contorting his voice to imitate Louis' pitched tone. "They thanked each other! Hell, Harry told Louis his name. When has he ever done that for anyone? He still tells us to call him master for god's sake. At least it's something."

Liam frowned. "I know, Niall. It's just what are we going to do when Harry turns 21. Will Louis still be here? Do you really see him breaking the spell?"

Niall didn't answer, he was too upset.

The two stood in silence watching the snow drift across the sky.

"I know I'm just repeating my self now by this point, but those two really need to kick the whole break the spell dating into high gear. I haven't seen them together, alone at all yet." Liam mumbled to no one in particular as he set about figuring out how to get off the table he was on.

Niall nodded acknowledging Liam as noise in the background when he shot up, his candle hands lighting wildly in excitement. "Sacre Bleu! Talk about a coincidence! They're on horseback together in the garden!"

"What!?" Liam screamed losing his footing and falling face first to the floor.

"Oh hurry!" Cried Niall pressing his face up against the glass like a child at a candy store.

Liam hopped up to join Niall just in time to see Louis and Harry trotting off on horseback into the woods just behind the castle. "Where do you think they're going?" He inquired.

"Does it matter!?" Niall laughed giddy with joy. "They're together, alone. This is amazing!"

...