chappie 1

skylar's pov

i sat in my bed in the orphange. my body ached from sleeping on a broken bed with wooden boards that poked me in the side whenever id turn over.

no one has adopted me and ive been here since i was 12. im 17 now and probably going to be kicked out when im 18.

i looked out my window as the cars drove by and the rain trickled down the side of the window. it was 7:40pm. adoption time closes at 8:00pm. which means im not getting adopted. im used to it though. most parents want young kids. i kicked the white converse off my feet and attempted to get comfy in this horrible bed.

i get my own room.

the owner of the place, ms. kathy thinks i am "too old" to be around the younger kids. which i think is stupid.

i rolled over onto my side and picked up my iphone 3. i have a very old phone, i dont have money for it. ive been here so long i almost forgot what money looks like.

i put my phone down and attempted to fall asleep until, the best thing ever happened.

ms. kathy came into my room and told me, "get your things. your new mom is here."

i almost cried from excitement. i packed urgently.

...

it was time.

i ran out my room's door with my suitcase of barley anything and walked down the stairs.

i screamed on my way out, "bye hoes im leaving you all."

when i got down stairs i saw a beautiful woman with blonde hair. she was wearing a black dress and black flats.

"you must be skylar!" she gave me a hug.