Rainbow Warrior for Titans

(Please note Camp Half-Blood and all original characters from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and Heroes of Olympus, Belong to Rick Riordan NOT ME!)

Chapter 1

I get my butt kicked by the undead.

I woke to the sound of leaves and twigs crunching, the winds normal whistle among the trees seemed altered, as if a new mass was stopping it in its path. Something was walking towards me. I was in the middle of the woods so where could I hide? It was in the middle of the night, 3 in the morning… maybe. My first instinct was to run, but I knew I’d be heard. And if it was a Monster, well some are harder than others to outrun. I suddenly had a sharp pain in my gut, and then I remembered. “Duh” I thought to myself camouflage! I quickly stood with my back against a large evergreen tree, and made a peace sign with my middle and fore fingers a small prism curved between the two and I waved the symbol across my body. As usual, me and my ripped blue jeans, black t-shirt and black half zipped up hoodie with a neon rainbow around it, were all the same color as the trunk of the tree. The only things that stood out were chipped up hot pink nail polish, and my iridescent eyes. I balled my fists ready for a possible fight so tight my knuckles turned white. My whip was at my side; I griped the black leather handle with my right hand and closed my eyes waiting for what might oppose me…

Step

Step

Step

(Sighs)

“Finally out! I can’t think there, too many sleeping. And rest is for the dead.”

The voice coming from in front of me didn’t sound like a monster of any kind. Actually, it sounded like a boy about my age around 13 or 14. Suddenly my mind began to race, what is he doing in the middle of the woods? Why is he out at 3:00 in the morning? But my thoughts were interrupted by his voice, so I listened quietly.

“What? I thought I would be alone out here”

Suddenly there was a cold wind; I always thought that if you could feel anything after death it would be a frigid, sharp, gust of wind that would take your breath away. He spoke again but this time I was almost too frightened to NOT know where he was. I had to just take a little peek but then, he would defiantly know where I was.

“Know where you are, I can feel your soul.”

I suddenly felt his grip around my neck, the point of a sword was pinned against my side. Well, No hiding now I thought. I quickly clasped hold of my whip, and yanked it toward his sword, it was tangled around his blade, I pulled it to me so it was in my other hand. I opened my eyes wide and stepped forward so that I was no longer blending in with the tree. The boy in front of me was dressed in black denim jeans that were ripped in the knees, black converse, ‘Rolling Stones’ tee-shirt, and an oversized aviators jacket. The only thing NOT black on this guy was a silver skull ring. (But I must say I liked the tee-shirt)

“Feel my soul? Ha! You had my neck.” I said proudly.

I was so used to this, a battle to the death with my fellow demigod; At least I thought that was what he was, Though, I’ve never met one with a wicked black iron sword like his. When I kill him, I think I’ll keep it. He looked at me with his mouth wide open.

“Uh, you’re a girl?” he said surprised.

“Uh, my name’s Kate. And if it’s a fight you want, let’s get started!”

He stared intently at me for a few seconds, I couldn’t decide if it was out of anger, or frustration on how he was going to attempt to do this. Then He said something I really didn’t expect him to say. (At least he introduced himself so I know what to put on his gravestone.)

“I AM NICO DI ANGELO SON OF HADES! SERVE ME.”

Wait son of Hades? I think I’ve seen think guy before last summer! He was the one who-. Suddenly the ground began to shake! Pits and Cracks in the earth began to open up! I’ve never seen anything like this before in my life. And he just stood there, as if in a trance or something drawing power from a greater source. With a, is that a smirk on his face!

“What are you doing?” I shouted.

“Going to win,” Nico replied, with an evil grin.

That’s it I’m gonna stab him with his own sword. I started to charge toward him, I lashed at him with my whip, and caught him in the tangle. Just as I was about to jab him in the head, a zombie skeleton thing in roman style armor popped out of the ground, and gripped my wrist so tight I dropped Nico’s sword.

“Ahg!” I screamed.

Who knew zombies where so strong, considering they’re dead. Then two more zombies in roman armor came out. One took hold of my other wrist. His grip was even tighter then the first, together they slammed me against a big oak tree. I heard a CRUNCH, SNAP, and I knew It wasn’t a tree branch, when I had this throbbing pain in my arm suddenly things started to get fuzzy.

“Grrr, get this stupid whip off me!”

I heard Nico’s voice. And I vaguely saw him yelling at a confused looking zombie puzzled how he should untie him.

“Oh forget it! I guess I’ll just have to call for back-up.”

“You two,” he commanded to the zombies holding me.

“Let the girl go, I have to take her with me.”

When they let me go, I fell to the ground. And then blacked out.