Chapter Two

BLACKOUT

History class went by with the same speed Mondays use to come after Fridays.

Now I'm in the last class for today, Math. I never liked math.  They had to make the courses we hate the most the really important ones.

"Jay would you like to explain to the class the first law of indices? " I'm fargone in my thoughts to even hear her.

"Mr. Jay Walker" I heard that loud and clear,  quickly I snap out of my fantasy.

"Yes, Miss Lizzy" I answer.

"Apparently you haven't been paying attention in my class" she says as she walks towards me.

"Would you like to share with the class why you haven't been concentrating?

I look round the class, all eyes are on me. Something I've hated since I could spell my name.

"No, I'm sorry. I promise it won't happen again" I tell her trying to look as honest as I possibly can.

"I hope it won't either" she says, clears her throat and heads back for the board.

As she's about to continue teaching, the bell makes it usual noise. And everyone stands up immediately. I stand up,  look outside the window and sigh. First day of school gone. I leave my class and head towards my locker to pick a few things before I leave the school compound. That's when the principals voice hoots from the speaker used to make like this.

"Attention students of Moonlight Creek. I've been informed by the sheriffs department that there's a wolf running around town. It has injured 3 people. And for your safety you are advised to head straight home. No parties, and no tutorials. Please go home straight, there will be a curfew till further notice.  Thank you"

"Well that's new" I hear Taylor's voice and I look behind me.

"Yeah, I guess" I reply her. "Where's Chris?" I ask her.

"I dunno, we were supposed to meet outside the school".  She says.

"Let's get going, I don't wanna be late. With this wolf news going around town. My mum'll start calling.... "

Suddenly,  everywhere becomes dark. I get this terrible headache, my heart beats faster. I can feel my temperature rising like I'm on fire. I can't see anything at all,  I can only hear Taylors voice,  and its fading quickly and the headache gets worse. I feel myself land on the floor and that's all..