Chapter Six

No Goodbyes

I’m back in my room, trying to calm my anger and then it occurs to me! Maybe my Mum was right, I guess I do like her and its not like I’m gonna make any moves, but oh well its all good. Then someone knocks on my door and says

“Jay, can I come in? Its Taylor”.

I’m not exactly surprised so I ask her to come in, she comes and the first thing I notice is her beautiful dimples that just happens to be showing itself of every time of the day. She sits on my bed whilst I’m lying down.

“I’m sorry about my Mum, she’s usually not this annoying” I tell her.

“I know, they’re our mothers. What can we do?” She replies me with a smile and I feel my heart melt then I sit up beside her and hold her hands.

“I’m never going to let anyone hurt you, ever! Okay?” I try to assure her.

“I know that, I think you kinda proved it earlier today” She states with a hint of laughter on her face.

“So whats going to happen now? What next?” She asks me and this time I can see fear in her eyes.

“Honestly T, I don’t know, I guess my Mums going to decide that” I answer her.

“Are you going to leave?” She asks and I can hear her choke on the words as she speaks them out.

“I don’t think so, but I don’t know really” I tell her with the doubt obvious in my voice and she silently says okay.

“I think you should get some rest T, you’ve had a long night” I add.

“Sure, I’ll go wait for your mum in the kitchen” She says as she stands up and I call her back before I can stop myself

“T!” I say.

“Yeah” She answers me at the door as she's about to leave.

“I don’t know what this thing between us is, but I do know I want to explore it” I say and she wears a beautiful smile on her face.

“Me too, now goto sleep Walker” She says as she closes the door quietly behind her.

When she does, I jump up and start dancing like the idiot I am whilst singing I feel good. Oblivious to the fact that Taylors behind my door blushing and her face is tomato red.

A few days after…

Over the past few days, school has been closed. It feels like yesterday when Sarah attacked me and Taylor and it was just a week ago.

Taylor and I have been texting and talking than our normal conversations, I’m supposed to try out for the football team this Thursday because it was postponed from last Thursday because of the supposed “wolf” attacks and I have a freaking car.

I feel like I finally have everything I’ve always wanted and I’m supposed to be happy I know! But I’m not, I feel torn apart angry and messed up.

My Mum and I have talked and she's decided we’ll be leaving Moonlight Creek to meet some people called The Rogues to begin my training and lift the spell holding my abilities. The cover story we’re using is that we’re moving to Africa because my Mums about to get married to another dude. Did I mention we were black? Sorry my bad, we’re Black-Americans.

Today is supposed to be my goodbye day where I go to school and say good bye to all my friends. I hate goodbyes, but the real and only reason I’m going is so I can see Taylor one last time and say goodbye to my best friend Chris.

So while I joggle these thoughts in my head I walk to school, I don’t take my car to school unless I have to. The girls gush over you like they love you but in reality don’t like shit about you. And the guys just want to stack drugs in your booth like you’re their natural made drugstore.

I get to school and its bustling with activities of sexually active and hormone driven teenagers who act like they’d rather be anywhere but school after a weeklong impromptu break. I enter the school through the gate and Mr. Sam a teacher in the school and as we call him the school bodyguard is in his usual spot outside the school barking at students like its nothing.

Inside the school, I head for my locker ignoring the greetings I’m getting from people. Yeah, let them know something’s up I’m fucking pissed. Once I’m at my locker I drop my bag and take the book I’ll use for history class and while I’m at it Taylor drops by, damn it not now.

“Hello walker” She greets me.

“Sup T” I reply her trying to wear my biggest smile on my face so she wouldn’t get something’s wrong, but as usual she suspects. Why does she have to be so smart? I ask myself.

“Hmm, let me think first you said sup and you never use sup for me  and you’re doing that thing you do where you show off your teeth and try to convince someone you’re in your best mood. Start talking Walker”. She says. I breathe heavily  and let the cat out of the bag. She was going to find out sooner or later right?

“I’m leaving T” Immediately the words escape my mouth I can see the look of horror on her face.

“What? Why?” She asks trying to be as calm as she can.

“Its time I began my training T, they’re gonna keep coming and I need to be able to defend myself and protect the ones I love.” I explain.

“But you don’t have to leave to do that” She says.

“I know, but the people that are going to train me aren’t around here. I have to go to them, my mum called them the rogues.” I tell her.

“What if they come back Jay?” She points out.

“They won’t, they act like savages but they still believe in the code. The code that guides all super naturals. Look I’d like to explain but there's no time T”.

I say and move closer to her, I can feel her warm breathe on my chin and the beautiful fragrance around her.

“I don’t want you to go” She says and puts her head on my chest.

“I don’t want to go either, but it for the best” The more I explain to Taylor the more I see reason and the more I talk to her and make her understand. The more I am at peace with the decision.

“This isn’t goodbye T, I’m going to come back. I promise”. I hold her face up to my own and look deeply into her eyes. Then I kiss her, she kisses back and damn her lips feel heavenly. We’re engrossed in ourselves we didn’t notice the Principal was already behind us.

“Hmm hmm, are you two done?” Taylor and I separate and we stare at each other and then the Principal before we nod at him.

“Good, detention after school. Both of you, Mr Walker it looks like you’ve given yourselves a goodbye gift from the school and you better hope I don’t get to your class before you”.

He says and waltz away in his 90s suit while we run to our various classes.

The day went by as usual and I was able to say goodbye to all my friends, including Chris. Surprisingly everyone bought the whole moving to Africa crap but what I didn’t know was we really were going to Africa.