Chapter Five

What Next?

The ride back home to Moonlight Creek is surprisingly awesome. Me, Taylor and my uncle—sorry Christian I don’t think we’ve really gotten to the level where I get to call him my uncle yet. As I was saying before I got rudely interrupted my own stupid self, the drive back to Moonlight Creek was kinda cool. I asked questions, Christian answered although Taylor had more questions to ask than me, weird right? I know, but I’m kinda happy she knows all about this, so I have someone to talk to I’m not in this alone.

We get back to Moonlight Creek around 11:30 or so I dunno really I didn’t check my time or I did and I forgot I did. That’s not the point right now. The town is bustling with activities as usual, like I didn’t almost get killed by my own Aunty. Whilst I've been thinking to myself I didn’t know I have been smiling urrgh!!

Taylor had to be the one to figure it out when she pulls me out of my ocean of thoughts.

“Whys there a smile on your face Jay?” She asks.

I look at her and say “I’m sorry I have no idea what you’re talking about”.  She stares blankly and for a second I thought she was gonna push the issue a little more, typical Taylor but then she says.

“Hmm okay! If you say so”.  I look at her and stare foolishly for a while before I reply her by saying

“Err okay, cool”.

Just then my house appears in a distance and I can spot my mum outside the house doing that thing she does when shes out of patience, I wonder how this woman is even related to the supernatural.

Christian parks the car in the driveway and my mum runs down the porch to the car to meet us, I get out of the car to meet her and she throws me into a big hug. The last time she gave me a hug like that was when I got out of coma when I got shot.

“I thought I lost you Jay, I am so sorry, I promise I’ll tell you everything and you questions you ask I’ll answer just don’t run off like that again, okay?” My mum speaks so fast I don’t think she even stopped to breath.

“Its okay Mum, Christian already answered my questions I’m fine.” Then she leaves me and faces Taylor.

“Taylor I’m sorry you had to go through that, I really am” My mum says and Taylor replies her with lightening speed.

“Its okay Mrs. Walker, I’m fine. I just need to get back home to my Dad he must be so worried.” And to both our utmost surprise, my mum says.

“Don’t worry about him, I already talked to him” and Taylor says

“What did you tell him?” I ask looking at my mum eagerly.

“Well, err I err” Damnit, My mums done something crazy. This is how she stammers when she's done something really crazy.

“What did you do Mum?” I stare at her intently with my right eye brows up like Dwayne Johnsons.

“Well, I had to tell him something” My Mum says.

“What did you tell him Mrs. Walker?” Taylor asks again.

“I told him you two were dating” and like it’s a planned thing, Taylor and I both screamed “What?”.

“Well I had to tell him something so I told him you two were together and you didn’t want anyone to know about you two that it was still a secret and I read about it in your diary”. My mum says and surprisingly Taylor asks

“Do you have a diary?” I get a look of disgust on my face.

“What? No! I don’t have a diary I’m not a girl” then Taylor has that look I cant lie to then I say

"Its not a diary, it’s a journal and its different from a diary. That’s not the point okay? Why would you even think about telling Taylors Dad we were dating? No one would believe that”.

“You think? Everybody knows you two have a thing for each other except you two.” My mum says.

“We don’t, right Christian?” Taylor asks Christian.

“Sorry love, I think Kiddos mum here is right even I know that and I barely know you two”. Christian says bluntly

“Urgh thank you mum” I say before I storm inside the house in anger.

“Can I rest here for  little bit before I go home, I’m tired” Taylor asks my mum.

“Sure sweetheart, you go inside I’ll join you” She says and Taylor leaves her and goes inside.

“So what next? He’s not safe here anymore” Christian says.

“I know, its time he begins the training and meet the rest of the rogues” My Mum says.