Chapter One

BEGINNINGS

In the fictional town of Moonlight Creek....

'JAYYY!!!' I hear my mum scream, from the bottom of the stairs.

"Jay David Walker" she groans again.

"Heavens name, whats wrong with this boy?" She murmurs as she climbs the stairs towards my room. She knocks on the door, I dont reply; she knocks again.

This time I answer "I'm awake Mum, I'll join you in a few minutes"

My mum wasn't ready to leave, not this morning.

"You better get your Walker ass over here and open the door, in the house I pay for with my 3 shifts at the hospital".

I open the door and peek out.

"I know you're working really hard Mum, and I appreciate and love you".

My mum sighs looks at me and heads back  to the kitchen.

"Its the first day of school after summer, you dont wanna be late"

"I won't Mum, I promise".

I walk back into my room; it isnt the huge kind of room you would see in the movies, but it was what my Mum could afford.

My room is painted sea blue, with posters of famous soccer players on different parts of the room. My bed is rough, or let me say my whole room is scattered.

"Damn, school today, soccer try outs on thursday, summer was too damn fast".

Still thinking out loud,  my phone rings.

" Damn, Chris"

I'm late for school, urrgh, who gets to school late on the very first day of school? Well, that would be me.

I run as fast as my skinny legs can carry me, this isnt the first time I'd be running to school or getting to school late but I have this weird feeling in my stomach.  The way you feel before something life changing happens to you.

Damn, Chris would be so mad at me. You probably wondering who Chris is? Chris is my best friend, or lemme say, my male best friend. I have two best friends, a boy and a girl. Isn't that weird? Chris is the boy and Taylor is the girl. We've been friends since kindergarten and they know every single thing about me, we're not the normal kinda trio you see everyday. We're the kind you read about in books.

The loud noise coming from the school knocks me out of my early morning thoughts. My school to be exact. I walk a little and turn left. And my school comes in sight,  Moonlight Creek High.

I jog a little and luckily I get in before the evil teacher, Mr. Sam gets to his usual place at the gate of the school. From the gate I spot Taylor, a girl that is my friend as I would put it walking into the school compound. She looks a little different tho, damn, everyone looks different except me I noticed.

I call out to her,  guessing she didn't see me. She looks back wondering the person screaming her name, I feel kinda awkward. She spots me,  smiles and waves at me. I signal her to wait,  and she does. I jog up to her.

"Hey, what's up?" I say, smiling at Taylor.

"Well, well, well. Look what we have here. If it isn't Mr. Walker".

She smiles showing her dimples, damn, Taylor has dimples? We've been friends my whole life and I have never noticed that.

"Its me T"

I wink at her and drag her along with me into the hallways. I haven't been good with relationships and I've been in a few myself. Not that they last long or anything. With Taylor, I can be myself and she quite understands me.

We head towards Taylors locker, to pick a few things. Why on earth would I leave stuffs in my locker for 3 whole months?. She takes God knows what from her locker and we head towards my locker. Please be reminded,  I DO NOT WANNA TAKE ANYTHING. I JUST WANNA DROP A FEW BOOKS.

While we're at my locker, Taylor continues telling me about her trip to Paris. Not like I care tho, these are the reasons I ask God why she prefers to hang around we boys.

While we're at it, Chris joins us.

"Nice one Walker" Chris says without smilin, that's when I know I'm in big trouble.

"I'm sorry man" I try to calm him down "I woke up really late, you know I would never do that on purpose".

Taylor looks intently as we talk. "Hello people,  I'm right here".

Chris calms down a little "Sorry T,  what's up? ". He forces himself to speak.

"You know that wont work on me? I know your asses too well for you to act up on me". Taylor fires back, I breathe heavily.

Chris stares at me and Taylor follows suit.

"Come on people, I'm listening" she says wearing a frown and folding her arms.

"Okay, Chris asked..." then the bells rings for classes to begin.

Taylor sighs, "I expect you  to explains yourselves during lunch break" she says and walks off towards her class.

I can't help but stare as she walks towards her class. 

Chris smirks,  and looks at me.

"What?" I say feeling weird.

"Don't think I didn't see the way you were staring at T.". 

My brows twitch looking at Chris.

"What the hell are you talking about? " I hurl back at him.

"Nevermind" he says and walks towards his class. I could still see the smirk on his face as he walked.  Lord knows the friends I have I say to myself.

This chapter is kinda boringI know. And I'm sorry, I truly am, I just wanted you guys to meet a few characters before the werewolf/vampire thingy started. The action is gonna start pretty soon, I promise. And please don't be a silent reader, tell me what you think and you can suggest plots too. Don't forget to vote. 😉