CHAPTER 1: IRRESPONSIBILITY

While at school, the Second year BSIT Dean’s Lister #1 Arvin Acosta and his other BSIT classmates were about to start a lesson in data structures.  The instructor checked the attendance first, and noticed that 4 students are not in their seats: Rutchelle Ruiz, Celestine Guzman, Leizel Trinidad, and Marivic Hernandez. Those students were already absent for 3 consecutive days. The instructor asked where could they be. The instructor started wondering how did they pass their 1st year. According to the students, the 4 girls went to computer shop to play DOTA, the most popular computer game at that time.

Meanwhile at the computer shop, the 4 girls are busy playing DOTA.  It is a 2 on 2 game with Rutchelle and Celestine on team A and Leizel and Marivic on team B. While playing, unfamiliar words come out of their mouth. They were already playing from morning until afternoon. It was their last round. Team B is already winning against their opponents. But Team A found a chance for them to beat team B and they won the game.

 After the game, they already went out from the computer shop. They were talking about playing again tomorrow. It so happened that when they are out of the computer shop, their instructor caught them. The instructor scolded the students and forced them to go to the Student Affairs Office to settle their case. But the students only laughed and made the sermon of their instructor to be funny. Feeling disrespected, the instructor have not controlled her temper and started shouting at the students.

They were some students outside who saw their conflict and the instructor’s hot blooded attitude towards the girls already reached their dean. The instructor was fired and the girls rejoiced as the instructor leaves the school.

Arvin, who is aware of what are the 4 girls are doing approached Leizel, the one who discouraged the other 3 students in schooling and encourage them to play DOTA, a game that is very popular at that time. Leizel did not want to talk to Arvin because she always thought Arvin to be annoying because he always tend to interfere with her life. Arvin, who is the dean’s lister #1, always wanted to talk to her because he does not want the youth to be influenced anymore by bad influences. But unknown to Leizel, Arvin has intentions of changing the attitude of Leizel because Arvin likes Leizel. Leizel thinks that Arvin’s approach to her is nonsense so she went away leaving Arvin.