CHAPTER 7: CONFESSION

When the competition will already start, their coach wished them good luck before stepping up to the stage.

                The quiz bee has five rounds. Leizel and Arvin got the 2 rounds and after that they were given break. Arvin tried to talked to Leizel and they ended up quarrelling. When they returned to the quiz bee, they lost concentration because of what they had talked about. They lost 2 rounds, their coach asked them what happened but they just apologized. The coach advised them to talk about the problem and refresh their minds. That’s when Arvin said what is bothering him at that time when he decided to depart on Europe. Arvin made his mind very relaxed after what he said. Leizel was very speechless but just said good luck to both of them. It so happened that the host of the quiz bee was already calling the contestants. To all the contestants surprise, one will only play for the last round. Arvin decided that he will be the one to play for the last round. Arvin said that if he will win the last round, Leizel will say her reaction on what Arvin had said earlier. Arvin is on the lead on the first 4 questions but his remaining opponent got the other four. The 9th and last question was very familiar to Leizel and Arvin, it what they have reviewed before when they were in 2nd year so Arvin got it correct, they won the competition 1st place. After the competition, the coach praised Arvin for winning the last question. Leizel also expressed her gratitude to him. Arvin now begged of how their relationship will result and then suddenly there was SILENCE in their environment and the love of Arvin became an open book when Leizel did not respond to what Arvin had asked her because their coach interrupted their conversation. The coach congratulated them and still Arvin was staring at Leizel at a longing manner.

                Back at school, their classmates and instructors gave them a celebration and congratulated them for winning the 1st place. Still, the two winners prevented each other because many of their classmates are looking to them. Their day passed with full of praises and being proud of them.