CHAPTER 8: GRADUATION

Final exams are fast approaching and then after exams are graduation ceremonies. Leizel and Arvin never talked to each other, seems that both of them are already preventing each other for a month since they won the competition. Maybe it is because final exams are approaching and they must focus on reviewing and set aside what issue they have.

                Arvin started reviewing and while reviewing, he remembered Leizel who was still tutored by him when they were still 2nd year students. Leizel remembered the same event when she started reviewing at the library. Arvin became inspired in reviewing same as with Leizel who both gave their 100% in studies.

                Final exams came, both of them were doing great. They answered correctly the test questions given to the test paper and Leizel who Arvin saw as a cheater before became a genius that no one can imagine to have a large improvement in his performance in school.

                Although the result of the exams will not be given to them, it is important for them to know their final grades. As expected by his classmates, Leizel got the grades of being a dean’s lister:

IT Proj(Capstone Project)-93, Free El 3(Foreign Language)-94, IT Elec 4(Current Trends in IT)-89. The past dean’s lister #1, Arvin, also had high grades but higher than Leizel: IT Proj(Capstone Project)-95, Free El 3(Foreign Language)-97, IT Elec 4(Current Trends in IT)-92. This makes Arvin the Dean’s Lister #1 again and Leizel being the #2. Not only that, Arvin became the Suma Cum Laude and asked to compose a speech. Leizel became a magna cum laude.

After the issuance of their grades, they were still required to go to school for the graduation practices. Their graduation practices lasted for a week including Saturday. Graduation practices are from March 21 to March 26. Their graduation will be on the 28th of March. During the practices, Leizel wants to approach Arvin so that they can talk, but then every time she attempts to talk to Arvin, his classmates would ask him to help in decorating the stage or helping others in composing their graduation songs. He is also busy composing his speech for becoming the Suma cum laude.

During their last practice on Saturday, Leizel finally approached Arvin, he was about to tell Arvin the answer to his question during the national quiz bee. But then again, their conversation was interrupted because one of their instructors said that their dean would like to hear the speech of Arvin.

Their graduation day came and still Leizel haven't said the words she wanted to express to Arvin. The graduation ceremony begins

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The graduation ceremony ends.

The graduate students cried because it is time for them to leave the classmates that they once knew as friends.

Arvin asked the permission of his parents to talk with Leizel. Leizel also asked the permission of her parents to talk to Arvin. When they met each other at the center of the gym, the scene turned both of them are only the ones who are in the gym.