Chapter Four: Dark

Thanks for the 100+ views!

I gaped at him, unsure what to say.

"What?" He asked, looking almost like he's just kidding.

"What do you mean?" I asked, forcing myself to smile like him.

"Just...don't." He said and averted his gaze to Mr. Bart.

He never looked at me again. So I figured instead of looking at him, I should just focus on Mr. Bart too.

When the bell rang, I was the first one who stood up and walked away. He didn't followed me which surprised me. Well, who am I anyway? Expecting him to go after me!

The whole day was spent with me trying to find him. My eyes wandering around the cafeteria. But I never did. Find him, I mean.

**********************************

It's Saturday. Great. The date day. I stood there, waiting for Sarah at the front of their house. I wasn't excited or anything, I just really wanna get this day over with.

I kept thinking about what Jeffrey told me. Why didn't he want me to go? Surely it's not because he's jealous, is he?

"Lezzz Go!!!" Sarah squealed as she placed her bag on her shoulder.

I was wearing a polo shirt, colored black and blue, doll shoes, hair flying everywhere as we entered her car. She was wearing a dress. It made me so uncomfortable but well, I care less about what I wear, anyway.

Turned out that that guy I was supposed to be sitting with in health class ( which Jeffrey asked to exchange seats with him) is Reeve. The nerdy guy who turns out is not nerdy at all. "Nerdy at day, Rocker at night." He said this smugly.

But he was not as smug as how he had said that. He was kind of nice. But not at all my type. Like I even have a type.

We ended the date with stopping by a photo booth and having shots girl and girl, guy and guy, and (I hate Sarah!) date with date.

I didn't know how to pose so Reeve put his arms around my shoulders and posed a wacky face. This made me feel comfortable around him. I think I made a new friend, which according to Sarah can be more than just my friend.

"No. I don't think so. But what about you Matt? Is there something there?" I asked, willing to let the issue about me and Reeve drop.

"He is the most sweetest guy! I think..I love ---love? Him?" She said, unsure how to react.

"I have to go." She said, her face looking blank.

"Wait--" But before I can say another word, she was gone. The dark already got her.

I turned around and walked home. The only thing I saw was a car parked near the road, the only car. No people too, which was kind of grotesque saying that nighttime in this place is too good to look at. Shimmering stars when you look up, and cold wind brushing on your face.

I dreamt about something quaint last night. There was a woman, a very pretty woman who was a blonde and there were two guys who courted her. She loved them both dearly and had no idea who to choose. Both the guys asked her to make a choice. That night, she was found dead. The very thing that made it so unusual for me was that I was the blonde woman.