Chapter 6 - Sleep

Cause my echo, echo
Is the only voice coming back
Shadow, shadow
Is the only friend that I have  

"Um...Dave...where am I...uh...sleeping tonight?"

"oh, you can sleep in my room. ill just sleep on the couch, its cool."

"But Dave, I can sleep on the couch..."you said. You didn't want to steal his bed, he's already done so much for you. 

"nah, its cool."

"But-"

"i don't want any buts, i already told you, youre sleeping in there." he looked at you dead in the eye and sent chills down your back.

"Okay, sorry...." you went into his room and looked at his bed. It was a little messy but you didn't mind, it beat sleeping at the dump.

You soon fell asleep and when you woke up, you were oddly surprised. 

  I don't wanna be an island
I just wanna feel alive and
Get to see your face again

You saw Dave sleeping next to you in his bed. Your eyes grew wide but you didn't move. You didn't want to wake him up. You blushed and kept staring. It was weird, how handsome he was, even when he slept. His blonde hair was a mess but it was kinda cute. You could see around his eyes where the big bulky sunglasses normally hide his face. It was like looking at him in a whole new way. You smiled at him.

Then, a red eye opened and looked at you, causing you to blush more. You shot up and got out of bed, beginning to make breakfast. You may have lived in the dump for a few years but you still remembered how to cook from when your mom taught you before she died. You got out the eggs and cheese and made some omelets. You gave two to Dave and you made a small one for yourself. You would make sure to get the money to him to repay him for this.

Dave walked out and smiled. He kept his sunglasses off so seeing him smile without him glasses made you blush. 

"did you make these?" he asked you.

"Uh....yeah....I hope you don't mind..."

"oh no thats legit cool. i love omelets." he started eating the omelet happily. You were glad you made him happy, that's what he does for you.