Chapter 4

*A few weeks pass and it's getting to December*

"It's November 30th!! Friday is gonna be the sickest party ever" Screams Emma.

Most often,the first Friday in December,someone hosts a party just for the fun of it before the winter holidays.

Everyone at the lunch table starts whispering about their plans for the party while I'm there looking at how beautiful my burger is and how I'm going to devour it.❤

"Aren't you excited?" Asks Lillian who sat next to me.

"Oh yeah,I am." I say with a fake smile.

Just then Morgan joins the table with some other girls and my smile drops.

Lillian notices and starts laughing at me,"You're not the only one who dislikes her too."

I didn't realise it was so obvious.

Lillian knew cause I told her once when she caught me crying. I have a habit of crying but I HATE pity.

* That reminds me! Dwayne and I became close due to my tears😂. But that'd come in a different chapter.*

I finally took a bite of my burger and as I put it down the burger magically rose on it's own over my head. I turn to see Dwayne eating my burger.

"Hey! That's my burger,go get yours!" I whine like a 5-year-old boy who's toy just got taken away.

He just stares at me then sits between Lillian and I.

"There'll be a day I poison my food and you'll eat it." I say with an evil grin.

"You'll miss me too much if I die."

"Hush child. Now get up!."

Dwayne's group of guys came towards us with Caleb being part of them and they started teasing Dwayne and I.

I couldn't take my eyes off Morgan who kept staring at Caleb.

Dwayne puts his arm around me and says,"But she's my friend,idiots."

My heart instantly breaks when he says friend. Like I felt my heart break into a million pieces.

I mean we weren't exactly best friends but we kinda were. Does that make sense?

I hit Dwayne playfully on the cheek and it turned into a hug where he was sniffing my hair.

"You like my hair alot don't you?" I ask him while giggling a bit.

"Smells good." He says with a smile then walks away.

"Well I gotta go now!" I say to the girls at the table after I finished my burger and sprite,then I ran off with the intention of talking to Caleb cause I'm sure he'd be with Tyler.

I'm sure y'all are tryna guess who Tyler is. Tyler and I have been friends forever,like literally so he's more of a brother to me and understands my Caleb problem,since their close it's an advantage for me.

I walk up to Tyler who's with Caleb and say "Hey!"

"Hey Kyla,sup?" Asks Tyler.

"I'm bored so just came here." I tell him.

Caleb saw some of his friends and went towards them.

"I know you came here cause of him." He says with a wink.

"Obviously,and ew. Don't wink again." And I burst into laughter. You've got to help me get him to talk to me! Pleaseeeeee!" I actually go on my knees to beg.