Not Talking

The day I go back to school after the incident is the worst because I don't know if they will cheer that I knocked Nicky on the ground or be scared of me. When this boy accidentally spilled grape juice on her dress, she freaked out and cried. Everyone was furious at him and he moved away when his parents got a divorce. When he left, he had a black eye. I knew Nicky did it. 

As soon as I got to school, I ran to my locker, covering my face. I closed my locker and saw a few kids talking and looking at me. I just took my hood, put it over my head, and put my hands in my pockets. I decided not to talk. It was hard to keep my mouth shut all day because when a teacher made me answer a question, I just shook my head and whispered I don't know. When class was over, I went to get my stuff out of my locker. When I closed it, Nicky was standing there, leaning on the locker next to mine. I noticed she covered her black eye with makeup. I ignored her.

"How do you like being famous? It was easy to get these idiots' attention. All I had to do was come to school with tears in my eyes and tell everyone that you punched me because I congratulated you on your speech. By the way, thanks for making it so I can get more attention." I walked away and bumped into her shoulder. She laughed as I walked to my next class. I wish I didn't hurt her, so I could be happy for once.. maybe..