You Don't Know Me

You don't know what it's like when nothing feels right. You don't know what it's like to be like me, to be hurt, feel lost, to be kicked when you're down, to feel pushed around, to be on the edge of breaking down, and no one's there left to save you. Welcome to my life..

A long time ago, my old friend Sarah always talked to me when I was down. She told me things would get better, but I didn't believe her, because everyday was the same. I told her if she doesn't know how to make me feel better then don't even try. She looked at me and left. We haven't talked since then. I felt horrible about what I'd said. I try to call her but it goes straight to voicemail. Finally, somebody picked up her phone one day.

"Hello?"

"Hello. Who is this?"

"This is Sarah's mother.

"This is Zoey Evergreen. Is Sarah there?"

"I'm sorry Zoey, but... Sarah passed away five years ago due to cancer.

"Oh.. Okay.. thanks for telling me.." I hung up. I remember Sarah had cancer when she was four. She always took special medication and never had a sleepover with anyone else besides me. When she was twelve, she told me that her cancer was even worse than before. Sarah changed, she couldn't hang out with anyone anymore. I really miss her and wish I'd known earlier before she died..