Telling the Truth to Everyone

Today is the day I am going to share my side of the story and talk about bullying to the whole student body. I was very anxious and frightened what people would feel about my speech. My whole body was shaking and it felt at least 100 degrees in the auditorium. Mrs. Jones told me that when she announces me, I'll walk out and recite my speech. I looked out the curtain and saw Mason sitting next to Nicky. I was confused why, but I knew now wasn't the time. Finally after thirty minutes of Mrs. Jones rambling on, I walked onto the stage.

"Hi, my name is Zoey Evergreen and I suffer from bullying. Everyday I come to school and feel everyday will be the same. I try to make new friends, but everyone knows the truth about me. My parents gave me up when I was two. I got adopted. I have parents and a sister named Max. My dad has been fired countless times from work, I don't remember the last time he's had a job. My mom is always gone so I don't really know her that much. My sister is the best thing I could ever have. She.." I paused and felt a tear roll down my hot cheeks and land on the podium. "She saved my life when I almost killed myself. I love her so much. My sister understands what it's like to be bullied. People said she got pregnant and she sleeps with older men, but that's not true. She got ISS because she kept spitting gum into a teacher's hair. I've never known what it's like to have friends that are there for you. I try to smile the best I can, but it turns upside down. I try to laugh, but I cry instead. I don't know what to do. I used to have a friend like that but she passed away from cancer five years ago. She was my best friend and I pushed her away. I don't want to say the name of the person who bullies me, but I see you in the audience. I hope you know that bullying won't help you get to the top because all it would do is push you down. I hope everyone understands my life the best you can and stop all this bullying."

Everyone clapped, but when I saw Nicky she looked like she wanted to stab me in the throat. I don't know why she was even mad at me or maybe she was mad because I made a speech. I don't even care because now everyone knows my life and I hope they can at least understand a little.