Chapter 1- The new guy

*Janelle's POV*

All I ever wanted, was to live a normal average teenage life. Not so busy with boys, or caught up in dramas and fights in school. I could say that my wish was somehow coming true, but that all changed when I met Noah Sky.

Noah Sky. The new boy. The soon to be popular guy. A jock. Yes, he came and stole one of the football varsity player's spot, and is now close to being captain. When he moved here about three years ago, all the girls were drooling over him. Mostly all of them were. I on the other hand, saw him and could care less if another pretty boy joined our school. We had enough 'pretty boys' that it was getting kinda old.

I, Janelle Smith,  could care less about athletic events at my school. Well, before senior year I wasn't into them. Of course, things changed when I first walked out of my house on the first day of summer, and met The New Neighbors. Yes, Noah Sky moved right next to me in my fifth grade, going to sixth, summer. Talk about torture. But he wasn't like I had expected at all. Don't let the basketball shorts, blue nike shirt, fool you. He looked like a jock, but had a kind heart.

"Hey there." I had heard a smooth, male voice call out to me as I reached my mailbox. I slowly turned around to meet two honey brown eyes staring back into my dark brown eyes. I remember wondering what the heck was a cute guy talking to me for? I didn't want anything to do with him!

"Hello." I answered too formally, but to be honest, I was confused on why he was even talking to me. What was a guy like him, talking to a girl like me? I tried to walk away casually, and also debated whether to dash back to my house, and avoid him, but had blocked my entrance, and I was being forced to look back into his eyes.

"So," He semi smiled as he took a step closer to where I was. "Im Noah Sky, and im the new neighbor."

I didn't know what else to say or do, so I just smiled at him. Cut me some slack, I was 13, and very bad experienced with flirting with boys.

"So, see ya around?" His eyes beamed with excitement then, and I nodded yes, then awkwardly rushed back inside my house and spied on him behind my courtain, watching him and his three older brothers help bring stuff in the house.

A week after they had settled in, my mother decided to invite the family over for dinner. My mother made me 'bond' with Noah, and we ended up laughing at stupid jokes in my backyard, while his older brothers played football. My little brother John just sat next to me and watched them in amazement. After that night, Noah and I hanged out almost every single day for the rest of summer. Instantly, we became best friends. As if we had known each other all our lives, we were bound to be unseperable.

"Im kinda nervous for tomorrow." He said as he layed back on my bed.

I turned to look at him. "Why? It'll be fine. Besides, you know most of my friends, and that'll be helpful for the first day of school."

"Maybe." He said and I went back to looking for a shirt to match with my shorts. "Wear that. It makes you look good."

I threw him a 'shut up' face, and threw the shirt on his face. "What a guy."

"Only helping out." He smirked.

"Me too." I said and went to sit next to him on my bed. "It'll be fine, I promise. Odds are, you'll probably find better friends to hang out with and forget about me."

He shoved his shoulder against mine. "Don't say that. That won't happen."

But it did.

The second Noah walked through the school doors, it was as if a god had arrived. Not including me of course. Even though Noah walked in with me under his arm, everyone's attention was right at Noah. Girls who noticed me, shot me death glares, and girls who didn't, batted their eyes like crazy at him and couldn't stop smiling. It was disgusting actually.

"They're all staring at me." He told me in a low voice when we got to our lockers. Which were, by my surprise, right next to each other.

"How can they not? I mean, look at you." I laughed and rolled my eyes. "You're the new guy Noah."

"Ugh, don't say that. Makes me sound uncool."

"Shut up." I slapped him playfully across the chest and I could feel girl's stares on me. I moved closer to Noah. "Don't worry, queen bitch and the gang are eyeing me too."

He swiftly turned around to look at them, then looked back at me. He leaned against a locker and moved his head down to mine. "Who cares."

"Obviously not me." I chuckled, and we both walked to our first period, which was also together, english. "Oh, have fun being introduced to the whole class."

He groaned and I laughed.

He pulled me back under his arm, and I could feel the glares come back, but twice as worse. I would turn away, but there were girls everywhere! Thankfully though, we bumped into my group of friends who had met him during the summer.

"Noah!" They all squeaked in unison, which made me laugh.

"Hello ladies." His charming voice greeted them, and some of them drooled even after spending most of their summer with him.

"Well, im going to class." I said as I managed to get out of his grip.

"Me too then," He said to me and then turned to my friends. "Later ladies." and then he winked at them.

We walked away and I punched him in the stomach. "You are such a player!"

"Only when I wanna be." He smirked.

As we were passing the hallway, Hailey, the queen bitch from the school, the girl who hates everyone for no reason, looked at Noah once and then at me, and then back at Noah and made her famous face. Her famous face was known as the face of determination that she wants him, wants him bad. And I can't believe that it only took her one glance at him to put him under her evil spell.

Sadly, the rest of our sophomore year she spent it trying to get to talk to him, flirt, and even give him his first kiss. I know because he came over and told me afterwards. After the kiss, he asked her out, and they've been a couple ever since. Today, October 2nd, 2011 is their anniversary of two years. It took her about two and a half months to work her evil magic.

I was in my own room getting ready for school, forcefully. I didn't wanna go because there was going to be something huge in school because of Noah and Hailey's two year anniversary. What I didn't get though, was how could he not see through her? She was a hypocrite, pretending to be nice to me infront of Noah, then being a complete bitch when he wasn't there. I wouldn't really care who he liked, as long as they were nice, and Hailey, she's not on Santa's list.

"Ellie!" Noah's nickname for me came from downstairs. I really had to tell my parents to stop letting him come in our house before school. His 'Ellie' alarm was getting annoying.

"Shut up Noah, im coming!" I yelled back as I grabbed my backpack and took my time walking down the stairs.

"Janelle," He only said my whole name if he was serious, or mad. "You know its my two year anniversary."

"So?' I mumbled.

"So?" He mimicked. "I still have to go pick her up and buy her some coffee."

I rolled my eyes and he laughed.

"Hurry your ass up." He said and then walked out the door to get in his old mustang.

Yay. Car ride with Hailey. Can't wait...